More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Worry less about what you make — that will mostly look after itself, and is to some extent beyond your control, and perhaps even none of your business — and devote yourself to nourishing this animating spirit. Bring all your enthusiasm to bear on the development of that good and essential force. This is done by a commitment to the creative act itself. Each time you tend to that ingenious spark it grows stronger, and sets afire the ordinary gifts of the imagination. The more dedication you show to the process, the better the work, and the greater your gift to the world. Apply yourself fully to the task, let go of the outcome, and your true voice will appear. You’ll see. It can be no other way."

~ Nick Cave

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Outside schools around the world you will see children playing tag (or maybe you called it tig, tips, it or bulldog), or perhaps a singing game, sport or imaginative play. It doesn't require wealth or education – where children have time, they will find a way to play – and it's not unique to humans either. So, what do we need play for? Why do we stop playing when we grow up? And should adults play more?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Creativity doesn't wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones."

-- Bruce Garrabrandt

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"In this world, artists are joyous. Unpredictability is the life of their paintings, their music, their novels. They delight in events not forecasted, happenings without explanation, retrospective."

― Alan Lightman, Einstein's Dreams

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.” ―Arthur C. Clarke

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Quotes about creating music:

“It’s like tricking your brain to see in different patterns.”

“My best ideas happen when I’m not trying to write.”

“We need to be excessive to be simple.”

"It’s like panning for gold with my voice. But when it’s right, it’s amazing.”

~ Luke Steele

"I didn’t have a pick so I used my credit card." ~ Jonathan Sloan

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It has been long known that ludic behavior is more than just play. It is an essential part of childhood behaviour, helping the child to develop physically, cognitively/neurologically, and socially.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A definition of creative nonfiction:

"The word creative refers simply to the use of literary craft in presenting nonfiction – that is, factually accurate prose about real people and events – in a compelling, vivid manner. To put it another way, creative nonfiction writers do not make things up; they make ideas and information that already exist more interesting and, often, more accessible...The essential point to acknowledge here is that there are lines – real demarcation points between fiction, which is or can be mostly imagination; traditional nonfiction (journalism and scholarship), which is mostly information; and creative nonfiction, which presents or treats information using the tools of the fiction writer while maintaining allegiance to fact."

~ Lee Gutkind, Keep It Real

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.