More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A positive spin on "workaholism":

“I realized I’d been working more than 12 hours a day, every day, for basically all of the last 50 years. And I’m having a good time, and I’ve been lucky enough to be able to mostly do things that add energy to me rather than taking it away.”

Stephen Wolfram

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“You really have to have training for teachers to understand mental health. Because these kids are wonderful kids and they have got a lot of strengths, but when they’re having a tough time, they’re having a really, really tough time. So you really have to have people who understand anxiety and understand how to adapt mindful approaches to learning and have therapeutic support within the classroom, not just from the clinician.”

~ Jessica Gluck

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Sometimes individually-focused solutions to systemic problems only add an insult to injury."

"I worked through my moral injury with therapy and a career shift and decided to join a technology company where the day-to-day work wasn’t as intense on an individual level."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Color saturation is a low-cost but effective way to influence attention and size perceptions in retail stores. And it may be even more critical in online contexts, where visual impressions tend to be the only sensory gauge available to consumers."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress.
Working hard for something we love is called passion.”

― Simon Sinek

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.