More threads by Cat Dancer

Banned

Banned
Any time I've cut my hair super short it was an impulsive walk-in appointment. If I had to make an appointment for a week out I would have changed my mind by that time. Dr. B is absolutely right (but he already knew that :lol:).

GDPR

GDPR
Yesterday I had the urge to chop my hair off again.I tried doing what I did before,which was try to put it off for a few days,but the urge was too strong to do that.So I decided to just let myself cut it a 'little' bit,nothing drastic.

I felt so breathless when I was wanting to do it.Like it was so urgent that I had to do it at that moment in order to feel ok. I honestly don't understand why though,why I get that urge in the first place, and why I feel so much better for awhile after I do it.

I'm glad I was able to stick to just cutting it a little bit. I'm so glad I didn't chop it all off or make it look so bad that I would be embarrassed to be seen in public or anything.

I'm not going to beat myself up for cutting it though or that I had that urge again. I'm getting much better at controlling this,and cutting it just a little bit isn't so bad I guess.I am a little disappointed though,the last time I was able to say I would cut it on another day and it worked,by the time that day arrived the urge was gone. It didn't work at all this time.

Why do things work sometimes and not other times?

Banned

Banned
I chopped all my hair off today. Really short. But I also put the blue back in. And yes, it was totally spur of the moment :eek:mg:

Banned

Banned
Ya I like it. I had to come home and wash all the product out of it. Why do they out so much product in?? I look totally bad-ass tho :teehee:

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I come home and wash all of the product out too - first thing as it doesn't feel like my hair until I do...

Banned

Banned
Now that I've played with it a bit and decided how to do it I totally love it. Maybe just a little less product though... And it was so affordable. My usual girl moved across the city and was super expensive so I just popped into the mall... I couldn't believe how cheap it was so I'll just go to this guy from now on.

Ftbwgil

Hi You are having feelings and emotions. Maybe sit and write what is on your mind. Our actions are a responmse to what we feel and if where not good with feelings and emotions (Im Not) then we act out. Just a thought. I hope you feel beter:):):)

I think it is a desire to say something, to express something. I think that makes a lot of sense, wanting to act out something.

I am either going to get my hair cut really short, or get a tattoo or get a piercing. I feel the NEED to do something like that.

Banned

Banned
Set a date down the road to do it then. By the time the date comes, you probably won't want to do it, or the anxiety will have passed. All my "drastic" stuff - tattoos, piercings, and short hair cuts have been spur of the moment. I would never make an appointment for any of them because the urge would pass. I don't regret any of my tattoos - I like them all, but if I had to make an appointment I would never get one.

So, long story short, if you plan on doing something you may regret, make an appointment to do it in about three weeks...

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
And there are many proactive options that are much better than any of the above.

If hair-shaving, hair-coloring, piercing, or tattooing could do what you wish it could do, psychologists and psychiatrists would be out of business.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.