More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"As a counselor working from an existential perspective using a brief solution focused approach, I found myself channeling the tsunami victims' suffering into productive paths rather than trying to alleviate their suffering. I was not attempting to alleviate my clients' suffering. Instead, I was helping them identify and act on ways to cope with their distress."

~ Delini Fernando, Ph.D.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"We believe that the dominant discourse within mental health is one of limitations, in which clinical and research skills are more oriented towards identifying for example disabilities than strengths, risk factors than protective factors, vulnerability than resilience, and threats than opportunities. Such a discourse is more likely to produce pessimistic results."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The greatest good you can do for another is not to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."

– Benjamin Disraeli

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“When you concentrate much on the faults, you shall be at fault. When you always focus on the solutions, you shall always be a solution. Don’t just find faults; be a solution digger! You shall definitely meet some faults in your journey to digging for a solution, but mind your true purpose: solution! Don’t just find faults; be the solution to the problems you see!”

― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.