Alfred Adler, posted by David Baxter

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Insoo%20Quote.webp

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"Questions and compliments are the primary tools of the solution-focused approach. SF therapists and counselors deliberately refrain from making interpretations and rarely confront their clients. Instead, they focus on identifying the client's goals, generating a detailed description of what life will be like when the goal is accomplished and the problem is either gone or coped with satisfactorily. In order to develop effective solutions, they search diligently through the client's life experiences for "exceptions", e.g. times when some aspect of the client's goal was already happening to some degree, utilizing these to co-construct uniquely appropriate and effective solutions."

~ Wikipedia

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"No matter how long a person has been struggling with a problem or how powerful that problem has been, there are always exceptions and those exceptions can be utilized to create a new future."

~ Elliott Connie, LPC

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“If I accept the other person as something fixed, already diagnosed and classified, already shaped by his past, then I am doing my part to confirm this limited hypothesis. If I accept him as a process of becoming, then I am doing what I can to confirm or make real his potentialities.”

~ Carl Rogers

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"Solution Focus has no theory of person, no picture of the person, fully functioning or otherwise. All that interests us is talking with the client in such a way that the client reports to us that they have made sufficient progress."

~ Evan George

Latest posts

Top Bottom