• Quote of the Day
    "There is no better exercise for your heart than reaching down and helping to lift someone up."
    Bernard Meltzer, posted by HBas

avie

Hi,

As a Project Manager, my goal is further growth in the Management Sector and I think Social and Industrial Psychology courses would help me for the same. This is in parallel to an MBA(eMBA/Part Time MBA) from a Premier Business School that I am preparing for. Is my thought sane ? If so, I seek some suggestions on what should be my areas of concentration<in terms of the Psychology courses I need to take> to help in the career path am trying to walk.

I would like to know if you could direct me to some "good" universities which offer Psychology Distance Learning Courses. Preferably Certificate Courses. If I search in the net, the results I get are like a bee-hive and it gets really confusing not knowing which ones to actually trust as credible universities and courses that I can take.

Any advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Kumar.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
If so, I seek some suggestions on what should be my areas of concentration<in terms of the Psychology courses I need to take> to help in the career path am trying to walk.

Some possible areas in addition to or as part of industrial psychology:

Psychology of Career Development (e.g. Psychology of Working)
Motivation
(e.g. Intrinsic Motivation at Work)
Human Factors (e.g. Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability)
Decision Making (e.g. loss aversion)
Learning (e.g. development of expertise; when allied with computer science, includes machine learning)

And, as you mentioned:
Social psychology (e.g. persuasion, exchange theory)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom