More threads by Halo

Halo

I thought that I would start this thread because well I want to talk but there is no one around to talk to so here I am :D

I am sitting here at work and have been for over an hour now and there is still only 3 of us that have arrived of course there is only expected to be about 5 of us here for the day. For some reason everyone took holidays today but somehow I must have missed the memo :lol:

I am the only one on my floor today which is great because I don't have to be bothered but it doesn't help with my motivation to work. Actually to come to think of it, I haven't touched my work yet...hmmmm maybe I should do something sitting on my desk....nah, maybe later :)

So just stopping by to say hi to anyone who happens to come across this thread and wants to join in or I can just continue to talk to myself...I am cool with that :2thumbs:

braveheart

Hi!

I'm here.

Once I turned up at work on a day I had annual leave booked! I check my diary regularly now! I stayed an hour that day to write my appraisal form, then went home!

Halo

Hey Braveheart...glad that you could drop in :D I was really hoping not to have to talk to myself although if I had to...I would :)

That must have been horrible to show up when you didn't have to. I almost did that on a Saturday once when I thought it was Friday. Good thing I realized it before I got dressed.

I still haven't touched any work yet....surfing the internet seems to be a pressing priority for me right now :lol: There are so many interesting sites and things to do...hmmm maybe I am procrastinating on doing work..could be but then again its Friday and who really wants to work on a Friday? :)

Halo

That's a good idea....I do have a letter to draft to a doctor on a file but that is going to take a bit more mental focus than I have today. Maybe I can find something that doesn't include too much brain power. Wow....I just realized that I am feeling pretty anxious today. My leg won't stop shaking and I find my brain is moving pretty fast too...surprising for it still be so early in the morning. Definitely don't need anymore :coffee:

I am having this weird tingling feeling in both my hands and fingers today which I am finding is making it a little bit more difficult to type. It is very odd sensation...almost like they are asleep.

Oh well...the count down to leave work is on, only 6.5 hours to go :yahoo:

braveheart

Go on UK time! :p It's 2.30 pm here!

Maybe the unexpected being on your own has raised your anxiety?
I find wiggling my hands, and rubbing my arms gently, [not together!] helps when my hands go numb like that.

Halo

Okay UK time it is....I love it :D

It wasn't really unexpected that I was going to be on my own today as I knew that a lot of people were taking the day off. I think that my anxiety is slightly increased because I haven't yet taken my morning med and I had one extra coffee this morning which could have done it. I am sure once I take my med that it will be all good :)

I never thought of rubbing my arms as I kept rubbing my hands together and it hasn't helped. I will definitely try that.

So what you are your plans for the rest of the day Braveheart? Anything exciting?

I have had this urge to write poetry lately and keep having these starting of poems in my head but never quite getting them on paper. Hmmm, maybe something I will do this weekend. Don't really have any plans and don't know what I am going to do yet...need to find stuff to do and that may be one of them.

ladylore

Account Closed
Well I am now stopping by. :) Just so you don't have to talk to yourself. :dance:

Try googling "bored at work" and watch what comes up. :D I love Braveheart's sugestion - so it's now after 3 probably going on for. Hey in a half hour or so you get to go home.:rolling:

:angel:

Halo

Thanks for stopping by Ladylore and relieving me from having to talk to myself :D

I am going to try googling that and see what happens...it should be interesting. I am also doing some fix up work on my computer here so it is keeping me occupied as well. Of course I should probably be doing actual work and not tinkering around but oh well...better than nothing :lol:

Yes I am still liking that UK time thanks to Braveheart :) I would be almost on my way home now :yahoo:

Banned

Banned
Halo,

I've always found that piling huge stacks of anything on your desk will make it appear you are much busier than you actually are, and nobody questions you. And I always tell myself - "It's Friday. By virtue of the fact that I'm AT work, I'm already more productive than anybody who isn't"...so no guilt required - HAHAHA.

I myself am procrastinating...but I really need to get going. Any word on your prospective puppy yet?

Halo

I love how your brain operates BG....its true, just the fact that I actually made it to work on a Friday especially with leaving yesterday sick was a freakin miracle :)

I do have lots of papers and files open all over my desk so I look so busy working away and of course the sound of me typing is great too...he, he :bad:

The puppy is going to have to wait (again) as I will be returning to my part-time job for the summer and until I am done with that I can't get one.....I therefore will have to live vicariously through you :D

Halo

Hey TTE....glad you could join in as well. I am finished tinkering with what I was doing and now am just patiently waiting for lunch time so I can get away from my desk.

So how are my nieces and nephews doing these days??

ladylore

Account Closed
Your office should be busy by now, with the dog and the 6 budgies. No need to talk with yourself when you have so many animals around. :D

they are still getting over the earthquake we had here the other night, it terrified them and me:D, they are ok one is very jittery he was so upset by it all.

Halo

Oh poor things and you...I didn't even know you guys had an earthquake :eek: Guess I should be listening to the news or reading the paper more.

I hope that the one gets over his jitters soon, I can imagine that it must have been frightening.

Glad to hear that you are all okay though.

Well if I really had all the animals around I would be much happier than sitting here all alone....too bad they don't allow you to take animals to my work...that would be cool :cool2:

5.2 on the richer scale and it was all over the Uk,, I would love it if you could take your pets to work,, I would be more inclined to look for work :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.