More threads by lallieth

lallieth

I make a point now and again to thank my body for my anxiety.Why? because having panic disorder has taught me so much about myself,other people and the world I live in

Having panic disorder has allowed me to take stock of my life,see what needs to be changed or tweaked and allowed for deep personal growth.It has also taught me how to look at tough situation's in a more open manner and view these particular times with more peace.

I have learned how to take care of my body/mind better,realizing that if I want to feed my mind,I need to properly nourish my body.

It has also given me a deep spiritual awareness I never knew I had.

Panic disorder has brought about deep reflective moment's,because I am able for the most part,to quiet my mind in order to listen better.

My personal growth has been augmented by panic disorder,not stunted by it and for that I am grateful

poohbear

It's nice to take a break and see the "good" that comes from the bad in our lives. I think it's somewhat "heroic" to try to focus on the good-- especially when the good comes from something that can be so disruptive in our lives. I'm still working on that, but you give a good example to follow!

lallieth

It's nice to take a break and see the "good" that comes from the bad in our lives. I think it's somewhat "heroic" to try to focus on the good-- especially when the good comes from something that can be so disruptive in our lives. I'm still working on that, but you give a good example to follow!
Hi Poohbear

I don't view anything that has happened in my life as bad,just stepping stones,some are father apart than other's and more of a struggle to maintain balance,but in the end,they all lead to a more peaceful place,if we are willing to recognize that struggle is only a barrier created by our own minds,to keep us from achieving our goals.

We can make the work hard or easy,depending on our views and perceptions of what has happened to us in the past.If we look at our past with a negative perception,then we become caught in a web of negativity that resides with us throughout our present and futures.

Granted,life is not all positive,but the trick here is to take what we feel isn't to our benefit and discard it,holding on to the idea that all experiences are just that,,experiences,another day to learn another day to grow.

poohbear

Mysts: Wish (REALLY wish...) I had what it takes to have that outlook. It's a necessity, sometimes. I have such a hard time letting go of things. I'm an emotional "hoarder". If my "experiences" were pets, I'd be the local "cat lady"! (LOL!) Working on it, though...:purr:

lallieth

Mysts: Wish (REALLY wish...) I had what it takes to have that outlook. It's a necessity, sometimes. I have such a hard time letting go of things. I'm an emotional "hoarder". If my "experiences" were pets, I'd be the local "cat lady"! (LOL!) Working on it, though...:purr:
You and me both! *meow* Your life is a work in progress so keep on living and learning..:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.