More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
10338331_833034970059030_2462456783199790375_n.jpg

I saw this on Facebook today.I was able to read it,but I think probably everyone can.

But it has me wondering,if the mind can automatically read it,without us even thinking about it,does that mean that the mind is a separate entity?

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:30 PM ----------

If the mind is a separate entity,then it shouldn't be that difficult to not get caught up in all the things it does,right?

But where/how does it come up with all the stuff that it does?

GDPR

GDPR
...and maybe the best way to deal with obsessive thoughts is to just observe the mind and acknowledge that it is going to do what it's going to do?

Like the obsessive thoughts I keep having that are causing anxiety and panic,instead of letting them get to me,maybe I should just be thinking "it's just my mind doing it's thing"?

I have always thought our thoughts,our feelings,our mind,is who we are,but if our mind can work independently, then what exactly does that mean?Does that mean that who we are,our soul,our being,whatever you want to name it,is just inside this body,that the body is just something we are occupying and not really who we are?

Does that mean that we could possibly continue on without our bodies?Or is it more like a computer,where an operating system is needed in order to function?Without the operating system,my computer is useless,so maybe the body requires the mind in order to operate?If an operating system is the most important software that runs a computer,is the mind the most important thing that is needed in order to run the body?

---------- Post Merged at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Maybe I am just being obsessive again?

Harebells

Hi lost_in_thought. I was going to ask you if you had ever read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, but then I was looking through other threads here because it's a well known book and I thought it's bound to have come up before - and I saw that yes, you have read it! Your post just reminded me of it because of the idea of detaching from the mind, and how when we think about the mind that's actually the mind getting in again by the back door! There are lots of videos of Eckhart Tolle on youtube as well.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.