• Quote of the Day
    "Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair."
    George Burns, posted by David Baxter

Lynnie

Hi, i am updating on my last issue on transference '' I don't know what is happening. but I attend a DBT class on Tuesday afternoon. and enjoy getting alot out of it. i would hate to quit. but my issue is for the last 3 weeks, i have heard my therapists' personal issues. I am diagonost with ''borderline''. she comes into class with something that is her problem. When-ever she brings something up. like she did tell me the passing of her mother. it really hurt me. it is like when she has a problem, i hurt with her. This could be part of loving her so much. but shouldn/t a therapist leave their own personal issues at home. instead of bringing them to work. I sat in class today, and she went on about something that was her problem and to me it should of not been brought up in class [there are 3 people in class as of now]. I am the client and need the help.I came home with anger, feeling like my love for her has turned into hate, I feel like I need to turn away and seek someone else. but i have mixed emotions, cause she really has been a good therapist. i did not come to my therapist to fall in love. it just happened without realizing. HELP''

Top Bottom