More threads by HA

HA

Tom Cruise has slammed women who take anti-depressants to cure depression.
May 27, 2005

He told American TV show Access Hollywood on Thursday (27-05-05): "These drugs are dangerous.

I have actually helped people come off them.

"There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that.

But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that.

You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things".

The heartthrob star also slammed actress Brooke Shields for relying on anti-depressants to cure her post-natal depression.

The Hollywood actor, now romancing 'Dawson's Creek' babe Katie Holmes, claims the 'Suddenly Susan' star has ruined her acting career by taking the drugs after she was struck down with the illness after the birth of daughter Rowan in 2003.

He added: "Here is a woman, and I care about Brooke Shields because I think she is an incredibly talented woman You look at, where has her career gone?

"When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today and what you do is you use vitamins".

HA

Well.....celebrities can do a great deal to raise awareness. They can also do a lot of damage!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Let's also remember that Tom Cruise is an actor whose success primarily relies on his appearance rather than knowledge or intelligence.

Actors should stick to acting and leave medicine to doctors.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Moreover, Tom Cruise brainwashed himself reading the anti-psychiatry literature of L. Ron Hubbard.

edzepplin

The problem with tom is that he was going to be a preist before he decided to be an actor, so his veiw was somewhat distorted before adulthood.

ThatLady

Tom Cruise is, to put it succinctly, an idiot wrapped in an ego. The only reason his maunderings get any attention at all is because he makes movies. Otherwise, he'd be that oddball we've all seen on occasion, preaching on the streetcorner, dressed in dirty jeans and housing a kindom of lice in his hair.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.