More threads by Ashley-Kate

I read a lot about how so many people are against pro anorexia site or bulimia and although I am against that it is not for all of the same reasons cause yes I once checked those site out but realised that it is not right because when you tell someone something you really do not know how fragile that person can be and to me being anorexic it is sort of a slow suicide and if you help someone with that behavior you are practically helping them kill themselves but I to be honnest took in a lot of the advice and got worst but at this point do not see how I could get better so i am letting myself fade away but to me this disorder is deadly and I want to do my best to help others beat it while I am still capable of doing so. I would like to know why are so many people against this behavior when it's life to so many and it's a choice to me and others..???
I find it unfare that people will go do drugs and promote it asking others if they wan t to get high or drunk and then they tell anorexic girls to stop it has the same impact as a drug and so little people understand the addictive part of this behavior..
yours trully
ashley

I read a lot about how so many people are against pro anorexia site or bulimia and although I am against that it is not for all of the same reasons cause yes I once checked those site out but realised that it is not right because when you tell someone something you really do not know how fragile that person can be and to me being anorexic it is sort of a slow suicide and if you help someone with that behavior you are practically helping them kill themselves but I to be honnest took in a lot of the advice and got worst but at this point do not see how I could get better so i am letting myself fade away but to me this disorder is deadly and I want to do my best to help others beat it while I am still capable of doing so. I would like to know why are so many people against this behavior when it's life to so many and it's a choice to me and others..???
I find it unfare that people will go do drugs and promote it asking others if they wan t to get high or drunk and then they tell anorexic girls to stop it has the same impact as a drug and so little people understand the addictive part of this behavior..
yours trully
ashley

Diana

I know what you mean about people not understanding how addictive an ed is. Ed's have been recognized for a long time now, and so many people still have no clue about them. They expect you to just stop being afraid and just eat. It's not that easy, because there are so many underlying emotions behind the ed. Some emotions which caused the ed and others that built up over time. I see how you're comparing the ed to doing drugs. But, someone who constantly gets high or drunk probably has people in his/her life that wish he/she would either stop or cut down. Now, if you're talking about just getting high or drunk one night because you're stressed out or sad, that's kind of a different story. Nobody is really afraid of their friend letting loose one night, as long as they go back to work the next day, nurse their hangover and then spend the rest of the week productively. But, you can't just be anorexic or bulimic for a day. Like you said, you're slowly fading away and that scares people. They don't know how to deal with it and they don't understand you. But, there's no reason to feel alone, because many people do understand you. And, I'm talking about people other than the ones on those pro ana sights. I mean people who understand AND want to help you. Look at all the people on this forum. And look at all the therapists out there that deal with these problems all the time. Anyway, I know that you're feeling alone and frustrated, but you don't have to. Don't expect everyone to understand, but know that there are people who do. Just hang in there, and keep seeing your therapist.

Diana

I know what you mean about people not understanding how addictive an ed is. Ed's have been recognized for a long time now, and so many people still have no clue about them. They expect you to just stop being afraid and just eat. It's not that easy, because there are so many underlying emotions behind the ed. Some emotions which caused the ed and others that built up over time. I see how you're comparing the ed to doing drugs. But, someone who constantly gets high or drunk probably has people in his/her life that wish he/she would either stop or cut down. Now, if you're talking about just getting high or drunk one night because you're stressed out or sad, that's kind of a different story. Nobody is really afraid of their friend letting loose one night, as long as they go back to work the next day, nurse their hangover and then spend the rest of the week productively. But, you can't just be anorexic or bulimic for a day. Like you said, you're slowly fading away and that scares people. They don't know how to deal with it and they don't understand you. But, there's no reason to feel alone, because many people do understand you. And, I'm talking about people other than the ones on those pro ana sights. I mean people who understand AND want to help you. Look at all the people on this forum. And look at all the therapists out there that deal with these problems all the time. Anyway, I know that you're feeling alone and frustrated, but you don't have to. Don't expect everyone to understand, but know that there are people who do. Just hang in there, and keep seeing your therapist.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.