More threads by Retired

Retired

The local paper was filled with ads for restaurants advertising Mother's Day lunch, every store was promoting their merchandise as being the ideal celebration for Mother's contribution to the family.

Then I noticed an ad for a local cosmetic surgery clinic, with a discount coupon for Mother's day...which got me thinking..how would that conversation go on Sunday morning....

Happy Mother's Day, Dear! Here's the facelift I've always thought you needed!

What says I Love You better than the gift of a facelift?

What other gifts would be on the forbidden list for Mother's Day?

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
re: Undesireable Mother's Day Gifts

That's funny Steve "Dear Mom, here's a new nose!" :lol:

A suprise pet Boa Constrictor, Cayman , or Iquana. Unless ofcourse she likes reptiles.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

What other gifts would be on the forbidden list for Mother's Day?
A diet book or a subscription to Weight Watchers magazine :D

Halo

Appliances, cooking things or anything domestic related...don't want to give her something that she can use to feed you or clean up after you with.

Other than that I can't really come up with anything "generally" as unwanted gifts....although specificially for my mom there is a definite list which includes "no trips to the spa" :rolleyes: Thanks heavens for cash $$$ :lol:

Oh but what about pre-paid therapy sessions....nothing like saying "I love you mom now go talk to someone else" :D

ladylore

Account Closed

Well after the "gift" of a face-lift and the subscription to Weight Watchers she would need a therapy session. Or 2 or three.:rofl:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Re: Undesireable Mother's Day Gifts

....an all expenses paid trip to your home to watch your 3 kids (under 5), while you and hubby go to the Caribbean for a week...:)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Re: Undesireable Mother's Day Gifts

Unless of course if it's a riding lawnmower

:vroom:

Would just have to be careful she doesn't gracefully except it and when it is least expected, she runs you over :lol:

"I'll get you my pretty" :witch:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I would assume along the same lines as cosmetic surgery, wrinkle cream may not be a desireable gift either. Especially to give to a mother-in-law. :lol:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
NicNak's signature said:
A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else

Did you mean to search for "A friend is someone who is there for you when you'd rather he were somewhere else"?

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Did you mean to search for "A friend is someone who is there for you when you'd rather he were somewhere else"?

No, I was just looking about for quotes and found this one, like this:
A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.