More threads by David Baxter PhD

just mary

I had a look at this video and it's good. It's very simplified but I guess that makes it easier to understand. :)

I was looking at some other information on the site and Wellbutrin caught my eye as it was in the same class as Zyban (the anti-smoking pill). My Dad was on Zyban to quit smoking and it worked. He had been smoking since he was a teenager and finally quit at 65 - with Zyban. It was funny though, when he was taking Zyban he seemed happier than he had been in years. And I wonder if a similar anti-depressant would work for me, since it worked for my Dad. We're very similar.

Has anybody taken Wellbutrin? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,

jm

Halo

Hey JM

Has anybody taken Wellbutrin? If so, what did you think of it?

I have taken Wellbutrin in the past and personally I didn't notice much of a difference when I was taking it. While I am probably not the best person to be posting about this as I have had a lot of problems find medication that worked for me, I think that everyone is different and you never know it may work for you....the way I see it, it can't hurt to try.

Take care
:hug:

Retired

The concept of re uptake inhibition is often a difficult one to verbalize in a way that can be understood without understanding some complex psycho pharmacology.

This video on the Mayo site explains the concept in easy to understand language which should be helpful to anyone interested in how serotonin might affect the illness of depression as well as how SSRI medications work.

Anyone interested in the illness of depression would benefit from this video presentation.

just mary

Thanks!

And thanks for the link Daniel. I went to it and read through some of the reviews. They were interesting but all over the board. One common effect seemed to be increased energy, which is something I definitely need.

I think I might ask my doctor about Wellbutrin.

Thanks and take care,

jm

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.