More threads by Cat Dancer

I am anemic. I also struggle with eating disorders so that makes it hard to treat the anemia, but I am taking the vitamin supplements the doctor recommended. I know this is probably pica. I have struggled with ice cravings in the past. I just want to eat chalk really badly. It's gross and weird and disturbing. :( I'm not sure why I'm even posting this because there aren't really any answers for it. Ugh. Just venting I guess.

Retired

Re: wanting to eat chalk

Has something changed in your life that might account for your appetite for chalk? Have you reported this to your doctor?

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP

Sorry CD. Oh well, hey, maybe it's good to get the thought off your chest.

It's great that you are taking your supplements though. :)

It doesn't seem to relate to anything. All of a sudden I'll just crave it. :eek: It is embarrassing to talk about and I haven't mentioned it to my doctor. I see her in about a month or so and I will then.

I found a few links, and they also recommend talking to your doctor... There does seem to be quite a few reasons why a person might have pica/crave chalk.... It may very well be related to your iron deficiency/anemia... Could also be another deficiency such as calcium. But you might want to check with your doctor earlier than a month from now.

I crave chalk and sand

Like the Taste of Chalk? You're in Luck--Humans May Be Able to Taste Calcium - Scientific American

Why would someone crave chalk? - Chicago Tribune

https://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-14608-1/craving-earth/excerpt

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.