More threads by David Baxter PhD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

MVP
Re: What are you currently listening to?

lol I didn't know it said that "Suffer,suffer..." part. Totally not what I always sang. lol I can't decide whether I like my version or the correct version better.:unsure:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

lol I didn't know it said that "Suffer,suffer..." part. Totally not what I always sang. lol I can't decide whether I like my version or the correct version better.:unsure:

Yeah, I noticed that just a few moments ago when I actually read the lyrics as I listened. :blush: I am going to assume those lyrics are incorrect :D

Most underated Canadian Band, in my opinion. When they first released their album, they got a bunch of stink for sounding like The Doors. There is a definate influence, but for fans who dug deeper there is a lot more to them than just a band who "is a rip off The Doors". I like The Doors, don't get me wrong. I just see The Tea Party as being more than just a "rip off band"

Sister Awake is one of my absolute favorites. Great use of insturments.

YouTube - The Tea Party - Sister Awake

YouTube - The tea party : messenger

YouTube - The Tea Party - Save Me

On second though, I removed the song I thought better of it.

Lets remember the song as we use to ok STP

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

I just thought of this too. STP your name always reminds me of Stone Temple Pilots :teehee: but in a very good way.

Remembering back to the late 80's rock music even, women seemed to be shown as objects in the videos and lyrical content.

As much as some people do not like the "Grunge" type music movement, what it did bring forth is bands who were trying very hard to get the message through that taking advantage of women and violence against women was not something these bands were about.

The ones I can think off the top of my head are Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Sometimes the lyrics were really mis understood as the bands tried to convey that message. This song, Stone Temple Pilots I don't think left it open for any negative interpretation.

YouTube - Stone Temple Pilots-Big Empty (album version)

Andy

MVP

I like The Tea Party and STP. Tea Party are some really nice, grounded guys. Or they use to be 15 or so years ago, anyways. :goodjob:
Grunge. There is a new type of music for every decade and then it all eventually gets lumped in to something else. lol

I like Serena Ryder. Plus she can actually sing live
YouTube - 'Little Bit of Red' by Serena Ryder on Q TV
The last one is one of my favorite songs of hers but I couldn't find one where it wasn't live

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

I like The Tea Party and STP. Tea Party are some really nice, grounded guys. Or they use to be 15 or so years ago, anyways. :goodjob:
Grunge. There is a new type of music for every decade and then it all eventually gets lumped in to something else.

I agree. One "stage" of music influences the next etc.

I really thought it was great though that Nirvana arranged and performed the benefit concert for the Bosnia Rape Victims and that the bands had that womens rights mentality. As I mentioned before, in their lyrics a lot of times they were misunderstood. But their intentions always seemed to be good.

I met Jeff Martin a few times. He was magnetic, so handsome in real life and his deep voice :eek: He apparently lives in Ireland with his wife, now I think.

Andy

MVP

I don't remember the benefit concert or much else from those days. It is cool that they did that though especially since grunge is the cause of all things evil! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.