More threads by dedicateddad

My son, who currently lives with me in CA, turns 4 in January. His mother, who has had him roughly half the time since he was born, moved to Hawaii recently. I am moving to WA to be closer to my family, but would not be moving if she had not.

I have proposed a standard distance parenting plan of about 75% with me and 25% with her so they are still able to have the continuity of their relationship and he can have stability and attend preschool.

She has proposed a parenting plan where he is with each of us 3 months at a time until he starts regular school in early september 2012 and at that time we will move to the 75/25 plan with him going to school where I live.

My question is that for a child of his age which plan is best for him emotionally and psychologically? What is the most important thing for a child of his age? Is it the stability of his environment not changing every 3 months or is it that he have large amounts of time with each parent?

AmZ

Welcome :)
It sounds like a difficult situation so hope you find a good balance and plan for everyone involved.
Good luck.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.