More threads by ladylore

amastie

“I care not what others think of what I do,
but I care very much about what I think of what I do!
That is character!”
So glad to be reminded of that one!

As well, particularly the second line in NicNak's signature:

"I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it" - Maya Angelou

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
"Just keep counting!" :)

(Said at tonight's rehearsal of a premiere work composed by a percussionist.... maybe it's not technically in the spirit of the topic, but it was definitely good advice!)

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
"The difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is a little 'umph'!" :)

'Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough we must do."

-Bruce Lee

"Do not fail to learn from the pure voice of an ever-flowing stream splashing over the rocks."

"Ancient warriors used pillars and trees as shields, but that will not do. Nor can you rely on others to protect you. Your spirit is the true shield."

-Morihei Ueshiba

Yuray

“I care not what others think of what I do,
but I care very much about what I think of what I do!
That is character!”

Sometimes pride prohibits good judgement. Heres an example where pride took a back seat to good judgement.

I am in Burlington. It is pouring rain. A friend and I went to a restaurant for breakfast. The only parking spot was 100 feet away.

We got out of the vehicle. I opened up my girls umbrella (I am male) recently purchased from the dollar store, ( $1.00) and covered my head. It is a lovely umbrella. It is pink, with pictures of Tweety Bird, Sylvester, (exit stage left guy), and Dumbo the elephant.

We got into the foyer of the restaurant and my friend, while wiping trickling rain from his forehead, and wiping his glasses with a wet shirt, said to me.." I can't believe you walked across the parking lot in public with that stupid looking umbrella".

Last edited by a moderator:

ladylore

Account Closed
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

This is one of my most favorite quotes and words of wisdom. I do try to see everything I can as a miracle.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

This is one of my most favorite quotes and words of wisdom. I do try to see everything I can as a miracle.

I borrowed that one from you , when you had it as your signature , and since then it is on my computer screen , the page with all the icons , It is called bureau in French but I have no idea what it is in English !

ladylore

Account Closed
Very cool WP. :)

I was thinking - my therapist gave me some great advice about a year or so ago.

She said: "Robyn, you send out messages, mostly non-verbal, that you want to be left alone. And then you are genuinely surprised when people listen to you and leave you alone."

This was one of those epiphany moments as I didn't think I was sending out such strong non-verbal cues and that anyone took the time to listen to me and act on the vibes I was sending out.

This was one of those epiphany moments as I didn't think I was sending out such strong non-verbal cues and that anyone took the time to listen to me and act on the vibes I was sending out.

my goodness Robyn , that is a powerful one ,

took the time to listen to me and act on the vibes I was sending out.

this must have hit you between the eyes , I had one of those sort of revelations some time ago , being convinced that I was invisible for the major part of my life .

amastie

Was reminded of what is indeed my greatest inspiration by first part of the signature of Into The Light:
"it is the journey, not the destination, that matters".

amastie

Again, another signature, this time that one of Feisty4Me:

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It is about dancing in the rain...

and ladylore:

I've gone out to find myself. If I should arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait.

"Nothing encourages creativity like the chance to fall flat on one's face."
-James D. Finley

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

-Albert Einstein

"We are like tea bags - we don't know our own strength until we're in hot water."

-Sister Busche

ladylore

Account Closed
Thank you so much for all the great replies. :)

To go a step further, how about people in your life? Has a stranger, family member, spouse, friend.... said something to you that allowed you to see something in a new way? Or provided one of those 'ah ha' moments?

Quotes are great but now I am going for words said directly to you. Who have you come across that have said something to you that changed your life? What did they say? How/why did it effect you?

amastie

My brother with whom I have an extemely conflicted relationship:
"I love you"

Me, years later, when trying to repair our relationship:
" I will always love you no matter what"

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.