More threads by braveheart

braveheart

"Noone wants you" by Celine Roberts

and .. dipping into..

The Inner World of Trauma by Donald Kalsched. [and also Healing your emotional self]

BlueEyes

I am currently reading two books -

Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady by Florence King - hilarious!! And - Awakening the Buddha Within : Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World by Lama Surya Das.

Right now I am reading a book about Avian Medicine, called "Bird Diseases" by Arnell/keymer. Its a bit outdated but its a book Ive been after for a while, got it second hand at a charity store!!:)

I just finished The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a unique love story. And apparently it will be a film starring Rachel McAdams and Eric bana (according to imdb). I quite enjoyed the book.

I'm reading another book now again slightly old due to finding it in secondhand store, its called UfO's a British Viewpoint by Jenny Randles and Peter Warrington. I also found some other UFO books by Timothy Good so will read them later.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte. I only bought it because it was three classics for $15 and I wanted two Jane Austen ones and needed to pick a random third. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but I actually really am.

amastie

Hi,

al-time favouries are by Jane Austen. The best version of one of her books was the Engish version made about 1995 of "Persuasion" with Amanda Root in the lead role. Must be seen in the cinema to see how the photography and lighting so brilliantly captured the atmosphere of the piece.

Easily the best version of her "Pride and Prejuce" was that also made in England (as a tv series I think) with Jennier Ehle and Colin Firth. 'Mr Collins' was a stand-out!

Book currently on order is "The Legs Are The Last To Go" by actress Diahhan Carroll - if only to read about Vic Damone and Sydney Poitier. (I'm just old enough to have fallen for them myself) Famous celebrities often make very interesting authors (or have very good ghost writers) because they live the life that dreams are made of (such as Vic Damone and Sydney Poitier :) ). I wonder if she ever had more than a pssing acquaintance with Harry Belafonte? If she did, she got the trifecta!

Not that I would diminish her own obvious appeal and the many accomplishments she achieved in her own right. It's just that her partners holf more appeal for me.

Of recent books I most liked, easily the best of them are those by Eckhart Tolle. No everyone's taste, but each to his, or her, own.

amastie

I am finishing the audio version of this book:

The Consolations of Philosophy (Unabridged) - audible.com

The book inspired a video series on public television, my favorite part of which was Nietzsche on Hardship.

oooooohh... Must look it up.
Thanks,
amastie

Last edited:

Sparrow

I recently finished "The Conquest of Happiness" by Bertrand Russell for around the 10th time. The book is a little bit deep, but he is one of my favorite authors. I find the book very insightful with an upbeat theme :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.