More threads by Wannabe30

Wannabe30

First, I am a gay male. If that is a problem for you, please do not bash me about it. I do not mean to be rude, but I have been bashed on line befor.

I was in a 14 year relationship that just ended last month. It was my choice to go. Now I am trying to deal with the lonliness and depression. I am sure it will pass, but maybe talking to others will help.

I was reading the boards at MSN and someone linked this place so I thought I would check it out.

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks, Wannabe30!

There will be no bashing here, as that kind of behaviour is not tolerated on Psychlinks.

We are pleased that you have found us and you can feel free to ask your questions, seek out support or offer comments from your own experience in any ongoing discussion threads to other Forum members.

I suppose a relationship that ends, is similar to some ways to a grieving process following the passing of a loved one.

I can't imagine one month being sufficient time to heal following a 14 year relationship.

Did your relationship end on good terms or was it a difficult separation?

Hope you find Psychlinks to be helpful and informative. :welcome2:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Interesting alias, wannabe30. Similarly, I like the Fred Rogers' line "We are all the ages we have ever been."

:welcome: wannabe30, nice to meet you. i am sorry for your loss. 14 years is a very long time. this forum is a very supportive place and as tsow said, no bashing, disrespect, and insensitivity are tolerated here. you can tell your story here without any problem. i hope to hear more from you. :)

Wannabe30

We did part on relatively good terms. It was coming for the last two years. My ex is an alcoholic. He did try over the years, but did not try hard enough.

Interesting alias, wannabe30. Similarly, I like the Fred Rogers' line "We are all the ages we have ever been."

Well the number 30 is not the age I want to be. On another forum, I had to add a number to get the screen name and randomly chose 30.:p

Last edited:

Halo

Welcome to Psychlinks Wannabe30 :welcome2:

I am glad that you have found us and I hope to see you around :wave:

ThatLady

:welcome: , wannabe! We're glad you're here! Don't worry about getting bashed around here. We only bash David, the administrator. Everybody else is immune. :D

ThatLady

I'm really sorry about the loss of your relationship, wannabe. That's always a difficult thing to bear; especially, after 14 years together. However, if your partner was an alcoholic, and wasn't able to give up the alcohol, things were only going to go downhill. Better, I think, to end it and move on. You'll grieve, but that, too, will pass. There's the future ahead and that's what you have to keep your eyes on. :hug:

momof5

Welcome wannabe30!

I'm sorry about the loss of your ex. I have to say though, living with an alcoholic is not easy to do. Even when they stop drinking, there are always problems.

I'm also sorry for the hurt that you are going through right now.

And as stated above, bashing of any type is not permitted here on this forum. I'm sure you will find much compassion and understanding on here.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.