More threads by Heather

Halo

NSA, I was really sad when I saw you call yourself a loser because that is definitely not what I would call you. In my eyes you are a strong, courageous, beautiful, caring person. I think that you have made a lot of progress lately and I don't think one slip in the evening takes anyway any of the great strides that you have made.

I think ThatLady is right that none of get to where we want to be without a stumble here and there.

Take Care
Nancy

foghlaim

thanks Nancy:
your response and the responses of the others are finally begining to sink in, as in it's a slip up? anyway as for the other descriptions well i don't see myself the way ye do.. but i thank ye all the same.

nsa

just mary

Hi Janet,

I just wanted to add that your description of self-injury was enlightening and so well put. I don't SI but it helped me understand some of what you're going through in that I could apply it to my own life and how I feel some days, I just react a little different. Just dealing with all these emotions and feelings, not knowing where to put them. And you described it so poignantly Janet. Thank-you.

And NSA, I agree with everyone else, it was a slip-up, a bump in the road, you're alright - you're vehicle hasn't been seriously damaged - it's still running - atcually, it's going quite strong. And you're not a loser. :)

Take care,

I think I do it mostly out of anger.
Up until recently I hadn't cut in about a year, I found other ways to deal with my frustration - anger - guilt - whatever.

When I did it before it was mostly because I did not know how to deal with everything around me - I had way too much going on and I was depressed all the time, so I would go home and cut my arms raw, day after day after day.

Therapy did help though, and I had been doing fine until the other day.
I think in extreme circumstances I may always turn to that, sort of a last resort, when everything real is too much. "Hurt myself today - so i can STILL feel tomorrow"....ya know...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.