More threads by monnia

ThatLady

a "little" help needed

I take Xanax, on occasion. I also take 0.5 mg. It helps me with the inherited tremors I deal with, and with my tendency to wind myself up to a fever pitch when working on an important project. As long as you use it as directed, and don't drive or work with any kind of tools or equipment until you know for sure how it affects you, you'll do fine. It's a good drug when used correctly. :eek:)

ThatLady

a "little" help needed

I take Xanax, on occasion. I also take 0.5 mg. It helps me with the inherited tremors I deal with, and with my tendency to wind myself up to a fever pitch when working on an important project. As long as you use it as directed, and don't drive or work with any kind of tools or equipment until you know for sure how it affects you, you'll do fine. It's a good drug when used correctly. :eek:)

monnia

a "little" help needed

Thank you all for your comments. First two days when I started taking this drug I guess I slept all day, and everything was kind of fuzzy. I was confused about what day was it, or what happened which day. I was like “What the …? “ But the third day it was getting better (or should I say getting used to...). Today is the fourth day and now “off I go” to take an IQ test. Bye.

monnia

a "little" help needed

Thank you all for your comments. First two days when I started taking this drug I guess I slept all day, and everything was kind of fuzzy. I was confused about what day was it, or what happened which day. I was like “What the …? “ But the third day it was getting better (or should I say getting used to...). Today is the fourth day and now “off I go” to take an IQ test. Bye.

monnia

a "little" help needed

Hi, again. I’ve taken tests and apparently they’ve shown that I belong to the group of highly intelligent people (this was not meant to be a showing off, apologies if it seems like) and that I have a “sub depressive” (I hope you’ll understand what is, because of a translation) and slightly anxious behavior probably as a reaction on a crisis situation (college and all…). I’m seeing my neuropsychiatrist this week with results of these tests. I kind of feel and think that a psychotherapy and some kind of a guiding trough my getting back the self-confidence and finding the way out of this. I will tell him that I feel this way.

But I have another question. Since I’m taking Xanax 0.5 mg, 3 times a day I’m wondering how can I now combine my workouts? Do I have to reduce my walking or workouts or stretching that I do and does it matter how long before do I take a medicine or should I take it after? I really, really appreciate help from all of you on this forum. You have HONESTLY been tremendous help. But I’m kind of wondering: Am I bothering you too much? Cause it seems to me like I’m asking you all this questions that I may even be breaking some of the forum rules :)

monnia

a "little" help needed

Hi, again. I’ve taken tests and apparently they’ve shown that I belong to the group of highly intelligent people (this was not meant to be a showing off, apologies if it seems like) and that I have a “sub depressive” (I hope you’ll understand what is, because of a translation) and slightly anxious behavior probably as a reaction on a crisis situation (college and all…). I’m seeing my neuropsychiatrist this week with results of these tests. I kind of feel and think that a psychotherapy and some kind of a guiding trough my getting back the self-confidence and finding the way out of this. I will tell him that I feel this way.

But I have another question. Since I’m taking Xanax 0.5 mg, 3 times a day I’m wondering how can I now combine my workouts? Do I have to reduce my walking or workouts or stretching that I do and does it matter how long before do I take a medicine or should I take it after? I really, really appreciate help from all of you on this forum. You have HONESTLY been tremendous help. But I’m kind of wondering: Am I bothering you too much? Cause it seems to me like I’m asking you all this questions that I may even be breaking some of the forum rules :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
a "little" help needed

Don't worry - you're not breaking any forum rules. :eek:)

There shouldn't be any reason why you should have to alter your physical workouts at all because of the Xanax. The worst that could happen, as far as I'm aware, is that the Xanax may make you a little more drowsy for a while.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
a "little" help needed

Don't worry - you're not breaking any forum rules. :eek:)

There shouldn't be any reason why you should have to alter your physical workouts at all because of the Xanax. The worst that could happen, as far as I'm aware, is that the Xanax may make you a little more drowsy for a while.

ThatLady

a "little" help needed

Continue your exercise regiment as you always have. You may notice you're a bit sleepy, or foggy, at times, but that will pass as your body adapts to the medication. Alprazalam does not have any lasting effects on your ability to exercise, and the exercise is really good treatment for depression and anxiety, in and of itself.

Please, don't ever feel that you're bothering us with questions. If we have answers to share, or personal experiences we feel might be useful to you, it's our pleasure to share them. :eek:)

ThatLady

a "little" help needed

Continue your exercise regiment as you always have. You may notice you're a bit sleepy, or foggy, at times, but that will pass as your body adapts to the medication. Alprazalam does not have any lasting effects on your ability to exercise, and the exercise is really good treatment for depression and anxiety, in and of itself.

Please, don't ever feel that you're bothering us with questions. If we have answers to share, or personal experiences we feel might be useful to you, it's our pleasure to share them. :eek:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.