More threads by Daffodil

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Also, respectfully, I find your comment "therapy will NEVER involve anything weird or disrespectful or nasty or abusive. Anything weird, disrespectful, or nasty, anything that comes under any categories of abusive behaviour or abusive communication, is NEVER some kind of 'test' or 'pushing you' or 'part of the therapy'. " to be incorrect. I know of entire psychiatric programs that expect you to take being verbally harrassed at a local Psych hospital. I live in a rural area, and the people working in my local mental health office are a cliquey bunch of hillbillies, related to many of the people who bully me in my community. I have to travel one hour to the nearest city for a psychiatrist, and quite honestly, the choices I have there are not much better than the ones I have here.

Wow, I am so sorry your experiences have been so bad! :(

I guess I am describing how the experience of therapy and health care should be, and what should be expected from it, and I guess what we need to basically demand and expect.

If a person is in a position where they can literally either have abusive health care or no health care at all, then I am really not sure what to suggest - but I certainly believe that they should not conclude that that is just 'how it is', and that they are receiving quality treatment, when in fact they are not.

I think it's dangerous for vulnerable people to go into these situations having any idea that an experience with these wrong things is normal, or is the best they can get..... if these things do happen, for them to mistakenly think that that is just the way it is; therefore to be in the more vulnerable position of allowing additional harm to continue happening to them or to not receive the quality experience of care that they deserve.

So I guess I was just wanting to emphasise that that isn't the case, that isn't how it should be, and if we are in any position where it's in any way possible to do so, we can stay safe from these wrong things and require better.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.