More threads by SS8282

SS8282

I totally agree.

I'm not sure how to handle the pressure, and I *hope* I can leave right after the talking. Boss said it'll be 1 hour, so that's how long I'll stay. Again, I *hope* I can stand my ground, and leave.

I'm stressed out enough right now, without anything else coming at me.

ThatLady

Heh. If anyone tries to sell you that line of hogwash, you could always say something like: "Ahhh. So this is a pyramid scheme, eh? Thankfully, I wasn't born with idiot tatooed on my forehead. Have a great day!" Then, just walk away. ;)

SS8282

TL, I don't think it's illegal here. Some people would actually go for it, and maybe make a few bucks. I dunno.

Wish I can say what you suggested, but I can't, not if it's my boss. He's a good guy otherwise. Of course, I he'll let me decide for myself, I'm worried that it'll be other people who'll pressure me. My mind is already playing all these scary scenerios, the 'what if'. I know they may not be true, but heck, Murphy (as in Murphy's Law) likes me. So I have to be prepared for when things go wrong.

I don't handle stress and anxiety very well, especially when they're prolonged. Hope they'll have wine or beer or something, or maybe I should have a drink before going. I dunno.

ThatLady

TL, I don't think it's illegal here. Some people would actually go for it, and maybe make a few bucks. I dunno.

Wish I can say what you suggested, but I can't, not if it's my boss. He's a good guy otherwise. Of course, I he'll let me decide for myself, I'm worried that it'll be other people who'll pressure me. My mind is already playing all these scary scenerios, the 'what if'. I know they may not be true, but heck, Murphy (as in Murphy's Law) likes me. So I have to be prepared for when things go wrong.

I don't handle stress and anxiety very well, especially when they're prolonged. Hope they'll have wine or beer or something, or maybe I should have a drink before going. I dunno.

Oh, no. I didn't mean you should say that to your boss! I meant it's probably what I'd say to the guy giving me the spiel. I'm sure your boss thinks this is a legitimate course. However, the guy who's trying to sell you a pig in a poke knows it isn't. That guy's always gonna be my target. ;)

SS8282

Pretty sticky, but I hope it won't be a bad as I think. Boss actually brought up the subject tonight. I told him that sales is not for me. He said he *knows* I can do it, I just need to know how the product and the 'money-making' system work. Plus, he'll help me. He kept on asking me to keep my mind open - which I will. However, I did warn him that I'm not going to make any decisions right away. He said that's ok, all he wants is for me to listen to the seminar (aka - sales pitch). He also said that Mr. ('you're fired') Donald Trump invests in a big chunk of the company, and the company has 'offices' in 20 countries. On top of that, since he (my boss) is in this thing, then I can rest assured it's not a scam.

Right now, I'm just exhausted, and I don't really know what to think, and what to do (except to show up tomorrow). Oh, and he told me *she* is going to be there too. I hope there's not much of a chance for me to interact with her.

It's suppose to rain tomorrow - I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be a rainy day for me. :(

SS8282

It has been a gruelling week for me. The conference and trade show went well, and some crisis at work were taken care of. Both my boss and I were so exhausted. In fact, my brain was playing so many tricks on me that my boss said I was hallucinating. My tummy's been complaining about the amount of coffee I had to keep myself awake.

This week - let's see. There's an event Monday night that I, and a few others, have to attend to put on by the Board of Trade, and another trade show from Wednesday to Friday. Last week, we were peddling our 2 companies, but this time, we're only going to peddle one.

Have to write Xmas cards and send them to people, and start planning for the company's xmas party. Oh, December is a very busy month - my mom's bday, niece's bday, friend's bday, parents' anniversary, and, of course, xmas.

Saw my shrink just over a week ago. He put me back on meds. I have a feeling I'm going to need it to keep myself from climbing the walls.

As for that 'woman' I don't like, I'm still trying to get her fired. Last week, she didn't really bring in any business. Instead, she 'gave' away our business. The 3 contracts she brought in - we were suppose to give away a few 42" LCD plasma, internet for 3 offices, etc. Thousands of dollars, we would lose. I hope, I hope, boss will fire her. In fact, with his permission, I'll do it for him.

It's hard enough to have 1 company carry 2 companies financially. Don't need anyone giving stuff away for free. We'll go under. grrrrrrrrrrr

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Have to write Xmas cards and send them to people, and start planning for the company's xmas party. Oh, December is a very busy month - my mom's bday, niece's bday, friend's bday, parents' anniversary, and, of course, xmas.
This is a stressful month for many people -- even if it is pleasant stress, it's still stress. That's one of the reasons the month before Christmas is one of the busiest for me with clients.

What I suggest people do is take a very close look at that to-do list. Is there anything on that list that really is a "should do" or "usually do" instead of a "must do"? If so, delegate it to the bottom of the list as something that could drop off if necessary.

Alternatively, is there anything on the list that could be delegated to someone else? A colleague? A family member?

SS8282

I think some things can be done by other people. I'll have to do the xmas cards to clients because I'm the administrator, and the company is really just the 2 of us (boss and I). Boss will just sign them.

Boss' wife will take care of the party, although I'll have to do the invites.

I'll let my brother take care of organizing where to go for my mom and niece's bday, as well as parents' anniversary. I'll just go to whichever restaurant they choose.

As for my friend's bday, I think I'll just send a card. I know I should do more, but it's very overwhelming.

Part feels guilty, and people will think I'm selfish and uncaring. However, I also feel relieved. I don't know what to do so I'll feel comfortable with my decisions.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You can let certain people (the ones you worry will think badly of you) know that you are just overwhelmed/swamped with work at present. That way they'll know it's not just callousness or lack of caring. I think most people can understand that.

SS8282

Hope you're right about people understanding. I can just hear them say, "We're busy too." I'll be glad if I'm wrong.

I got back from the event the Board of Trade put on. It was held at Alice Fazooli's so one of the first thing I did was to get a drink. Alcohol always make me feel more relaxed. There were about 150 people in the 2 rooms that was reserved for this event. Now that this is over, there's the trade show to deal with.

SS8282

OK. I left my mom's bday dinner organization to my brother. What happened? He forgot!!!! grrrrrrr Mom's bday is tomorrow, and she's a little mad because neither he nor his wife called about the dinner. Bro did offer to pay for the dinner, and asked my mom to pick the date. That was a couple of weeks ago. Mom has a bit of a hard time with the date because my bro's kids have stuff a lot of the nights and there are some nights when my parents can't make it. What mom is upset about is that bro should've called to ask if mom has made a decision on the date. So like a good sister, I'll have to talk to him or my sis-in-law tomorrow.

I'll have to remind them about our parents' anniversary later. Last year, they invited us to their house on the day of their anniversary. I asked my bro if he has a card or something. He totally forgot, and he blamed me for not reminding him earlier. I know it's not my 'job' to remind him, but it's really for our parents that I do. Now I have to figure out a date, in between the xmas parties, my niece's bday dinner, and mom's bday dinner.

Speaking of xmas parties. I didn't want to invite that 'woman', but I had to. I could not invite her when I was inviting everyone else. Besides, my boss talked me into it, when I asked him if I could not invite her. I was thinking of not attending if she is going to be there. However, I don't think my boss would like that, so I think I'll have go. My plan, if she's there too, is to take extra med in the morning, and have a few drinks through the day and at the party. Lastly, I'll try to stay as far away from her as I can.

Honestly, I can think of only 1 other person I dislike this much. grrrrrrrr

rather than taking extra meds, mixing them with alcohol (never a good idea) and going to the party, why not call in sick the day of the party?

your brother is responsible for his own actions. if he forgets your mom's birthday, or to get a card, that's his problem. he shouldn't get angry with you. it's funny because typically a wife tracks such things and reminds the husband, so why in this case it's you is interesting (not that i want to be stereotyping, not at all, but often women are good at keeping track of that sort of thing)

you can't work hard behind the scenes for the sake of your parents. i know you love them and don't want them to be disappointed, but if they are, it's not because of you or your lack of interest. it's because your brother isn't paying attention to it.

you can only be responsible for yourself, not for him. tell him you're done reminding them. it's his job, you've got enough to worry about besides what he might or might not remember.

Halo

I know it's not my 'job' to remind him, but it's really for our parents that I do.

Hi SS8282,

Wow, reading your post and especially this part above, was like reading what always happens between my brother and I. He forgets my parents birthdays, anniversary, fathers and mothers day and I always take it upon myself being the "good sister" to remind him of the days and what is happening, what to get them as gifts etc. as one year I did leave it up to him to plan Mother's Day and he never called and didn't show up. I have never heard the end of it....even today. So, I can totally relate to the "its not my job" but we do it for our parents really, it's not to save our brother's butts.

Anyway, just wanted to say from one sister to another, I can relate on the brother forgetting issue :)

SS8282

I wish I can call in sick, but it's right after work.

Nancy, you *do* know what I mean. It's just not right that we have to save their sorry butts, in order to save our own. It's also not right that the women have to be the ones to remember all these special days. They have enough to worry about - kids, work, etc., especially when it's the men's parents who are having birthdays or anniversaries.

Oh, the date has been set for mom's bday dinner - this Thursday, so now everyone's happy. I told my SIL to tell my bro not to let mom know that I reminded them. She didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with me reminding them. I couldn't believe that I had to spell it out for her. Told her that it was important for mom to know that *he* remembered all by himself, because that means he *cares* enough. sigh...

Halo

I told my SIL to tell my bro not to let mom know that I reminded them. She didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with me reminding them. I couldn't believe that I had to spell it out for her. Told her that it was important for mom to know that *he* remembered all by himself, because that means he *cares* enough. sigh...

I can also relate to that completely. Letting him take the credit for the idea, thought or suggestion for whatever occasion (even though we both know who really came up with it) just to show that he actually cares and that seems to keep Mom and Dad happy...grrrr...frustrating for me but keeps the peace and that is important.

Your not alone SS8282....at least there is one other sister out there who can relate :rolleyes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.