More threads by BluMac81

BluMac81

Ya, I'm watching the Olympic parade o' countries right now. heh. What do you guys think so far? I like seeing the crowds reactions to each country. Though the Chinese haven't booed anyone yet lol

Mari

MVP
H! watched the opening ceremonies - very impressive. I want to watch the venues that start at 1am. Will I stay awake or tape it for the morning? :noidea: Mari

Halo

Yes I watched the opening ceremonies and was absolutely floored. They were fantastic, probably the best ones I have ever seen.

I am glued to the Olympics and love every minute of it. I have waited patiently all summer for these games to start.

Am watching Beach Volleyball as I type this....(multi-tasking) :D

BluMac81

YAY USA all the way baby, Michaels got a gold in swimming :)
I personally into the fencing and tennis which I do personally, when are those supposed to be on hmm

finetime

LOL well in all reality I've seen the UK win quite a few water sports, like swimming and scholls/double scholls (kayak). I guess it makes sense since you're pratically on an island. ;)
that said the funding for are athletes are not that good am still not going to watch tho just like are england football,soccer team we teach the world and come home with nothing.:)

that said the funding for are athletes are not that good am still not going to watch tho just like are england football,soccer team we teach the world and come home with nothing.:)
well i put it on U.S.A HAV 12 MEDALS GREAT BRITAIN NOW DNT:funny: 3 TV OFF DEPRESSED MY SELF

Last edited:

Halo

But don't give up on Canada yet....we have a lot of qualifiers yet to compete. We have made the heats in a lot of events and just need to pull it through in the finals. Of course anyone attempting to swim against Phelps doesn't really have a hope for Gold unfortunately but there is always Silver and Bronze!!! :)

We are only on day 3 as well...lots of time yet. :D :D

:canadian::canadian:

Halo

Bite your tongue Daniel....giving up on ones Country....NEVER!!!!

Canucks stick together :canadian: :canadian:

BluMac81

Well Canada has quite the smaller pool of population to work with compared to like China and the US, and the fact that the rivers and lakes up there are too cold to swim and practice in! Though the kayaking heats they should excel at ;) I think they've gotten a silver there or something

Halo

I can't see or find any Silver so far yet for Canada but I am sure the medals are coming :)

But lets not forget that every Canadian Swimmer that has competed has already broken the previous Canadian Record...that's awesome :D :D

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Canucks stick together :canadian: :canadian:

Yes, as evidenced by Canada surviving two American invasions :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Canada_(1775))
War of 1812 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, seriously, I'm sure the Canadians are going to get some gold sooner or later:

clear.gif

2010 Winter Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

BluMac81

Wooohooo Michael Phelps all the way! Broke the swimming record again and 6th gold for the US of A. YAY USA! :D Gotta hand it to him!

Halo

Phelps is definitely awesome and has won 3 gold so far but he still has 5 to go for a possible 8, which is the goal. I honestly don't think that anyone can catch him but the Olympics are a different story and you never know who may give him a run for his money.

BluMac81

Aww there will be no more American women swimmers for the rest of the games, Hoff and them just missed it. Beat by da Brits!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.