More threads by Ashley-Kate

hi everyone i just thought of informing you that i have had my appointments and they went well and well the people i am seeing now in nutrition and in psychologie are really very nice! and i have also started seeing the trainer at the gym i am at and she is really nice but the other day she came up- to me and informed me that she was worried about my rootine of exercises after i went back to the gym 3 times in the same day.. she told me that she thinks that i am overexercising and that it coudl cause a lot of damage to both my psychological state and physical .. she told em that i probably don'T know it cause i am sort of like on a high when i am doing exercises but i am goin to get sick or hurt and then it may just be too late . she told em to tray and take a break for a couple of days .. AHHHHHHHHH well i am trying today i have not went yet and i feel all bizarre as if i have nothing to do or i am lazy or somehting .. it is hard but i am trying my very best.
yours trully ashley

Halo

Re: appointments

Hi Ashley-Kate,

Congratulations on going to your appointments and it is even better that you like them both. I truly hope that you now get the help that you so wanted.

I also think that you trainer is right when she speaks of over-exercising. I think that it is probably like a high for you however it is great that you are at least open to the idea of taking a bit of a break.

Good Work Ashley-Kate....you did great stuff.

foghlaim

Re: appointments

Well done Ashley.... on all the achievements you have mentioned above, It's great to hear you sounding so positive!!.

Taking it easy for a little while is a good idea, especially if you have been overdoing it a little. Do your read any kind of books, novels, or maybe do puzzles ect.. they could help keep your mind off the gym for a day or so.. just a thought!

do keep us updated ok, it's great to hear from you. :)

all the best..
nsa

Holly

Ashley-Kate said:
hi everyone i just thought of informing you that i have had my appointments and they went well and well the people i am seeing now in nutrition and in psychologie are really very nice! and i have also started seeing the trainer at the gym i am at and she is really nice but the other day she came up- to me and informed me that she was worried about my rootine of exercises after i went back to the gym 3 times in the same day.. she told me that she thinks that i am overexercising and that it coudl cause a lot of damage to both my psychological state and physical .. she told em that i probably don'T know it cause i am sort of like on a high when i am doing exercises but i am goin to get sick or hurt and then it may just be too late . she told em to tray and take a break for a couple of days .. AHHHHHHHHH well i am trying today i have not went yet and i feel all bizarre as if i have nothing to do or i am lazy or somehting .. it is hard but i am trying my very best.
yours trully ashley
Hi Ashley-Kate,
I am glad to read about the progress your making, it is so nice, your trying so hard! I am so glad you let us know how everything is going. If you do read, maybe you could go to the library, check out the books, music, and join a club. The libraries in Canada, you can even join a club, we have one for computers. It not a lot of money, in some places it part of the library membership.
I wanted to wish you all the best, I will be looking forward to reading your updates.
I wanted to say I missed you also, I was busy with my dental surgery, I am glad to see everyone again Ashley-Kate.
Take care chat soon. :)

:D :D
AK
It sounds like you are progressing well, and I am glad to see that you have possitive relationships with all the people that are involved with this. I wanted to post, just to reiterate what others have said about your trainer. Its great to see her actually concerned with your wellbeing. I must admit, (being on the tubby side) I have always felt embarrassed when at the gym - to the point that I make excuses not to go!! (doesn't that make LOADS of sense - (can you note the sarcasim here?)LOL) hehehe, I guess I was warmed to hear that your trainer cared about you as a person and not as a wallet... As I have sometimes felt like that at the gym too.
Anyway, Keep posting. I am so glad to hear you doing better.

hey there,
well as i step slowly but surely into a normal lifestyle things just seem to be very different the nutritionnist i see had noted for me the elements that are in a "normal persons eating for a day" and i could see for myself that my (X cals) was quite pathetic and she let me know it as welli am slowly starting to bgo back to the gym as well but doingit very little at a time so htat i don't fall into the same paterns as i used to be in .. my nutritiionnisy also told me to try and not calculate the calories that i intake .. (she started me on a hole day of eating almost it is very scary .. 6 little meals a day as she said) it is quite scary and must i admit i have not been able to reach even half or 1/4 of her meal plan for me but it is really hard and i just don't know how .. looking at food makes me feel very uneasy and to add that she wants me to eat meat me the girl who fears that element the most has to try and eat it .. i can't get to putting it in my mouth yet though but i have tried
what to do i am just so confused part of me sais eat it and shut up the other part said without anorexia what are you!
yours trully ashley

foghlaim

Thanks for the update Ashley.. sounds like you are making progress.. well done.
i'm wondering if your nutrisionist(sp) meant that you could aim for six little meals, like a goal to achieve rather than having to try and eat six a day all of a sudden?? as for eating meat.. well i could be wrong but i'd be concentrating on eating foods that you like for a start and build up from there maybe.
Lots of ppl do not eat meat. At least you tried, good for you!!:) so it didn't get there,, eventually maybe eh? not a priority right now i think.
without anorexia you will still be you but a lot healthier you... :) :)

thinking of you..
and well done again..

nsa

Rosa

i'm so glad your appointments went well. keep us informed of your progress.
In friendship
Rosa

Halo

I think that NSA said pretty much everything that I was going to say with the exception of one thing...Ashley-Kate without anorexia would not only be a healthier person but the same person that you already are....kind, friendly, caring and warm. That is the Ashley-Kate that I see. I dont see Ashley-Kate as being just an anorexic. YOU are so much more than that and you are worth the effort.

I found that your post was very positive in that you are trying to follow what has been suggested to you and trying to overcome this obstacle in your life. You are a very courageous person :)

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

ThatLady

Sounds like your appointments went well and you have some direction and focus now, Ashley. That's great!
As to who you are without the anorexia. Well...lessee...You could be Ashley the dancer, or Ashley the swimmer, or Ashley the rock star, or Ashley the singer, or Ashley the nice, friendly girl we all know here, or all of those. In short, you can be anything you want to be, Ashley. :)

poohbear

You may just want to ask the nutritionist if she was concerned about your protien intake, thus the meat consideration. You can get protien from many other sources, if so. Also, maybe you could consider a liquid supplement like "Ensure". I realize you dont like to eat much, but this you could DRINK. It won't feel like eating that way. Even just one a day would help tremendously. And, I agree with NSA. The nutritionist most likely wants you to try 6 smaller meals a day, like snacks. Maybe a yogurt and crackers for one. A bananna and half sanwich for another. You get the idea, right? Good luck.--Poohbear

ThatLady

You can also get yogurt smoothies (Yoplait makes excellent ones). They're delicious and nutritious, and you can drink them! :)

hey ther i find it most interesting that yu wrote about the smoothies because well instead of buying them already made my nutritionnist wants me to get used to being around food and stuff so she told me to tryand make them so that is what i do i have one every 2 days and make sum for the hole familly it is lots of fun.. as for the six meals she said 3 snack and three meals because she did not want to start slow cause if we do that she said that my body will still be needing the normal amount of food so that if i go slowly up than i have a higher risk of bingeing than if i eat normally right away
yours trully ashley
thakns for all the compliments you guys are real nice !

Halo

AK,

It sounds like you did get some good advice from you nutritionist and that you are really trying to take what she has suggested and put it into practice. Just wanted to say that I am proud of you for taking this great but difficult step forward.

Take care

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.