More threads by bmw_girly05

I am 18, and have recently moved in with my dad. I live in Germany now, and lived with my mom in Missouri before, so this is a really big change for me. I have always dreamed a lot, but since I have gotten here it's starting to become a problem. More and more often I have problems telling my dreams from what is really happening. For instance, I needed the broom to sweep my bedroom, and asked my step-mother where it was kept. She showed me where that it was in the laundry room, and she also showed me where the Swiffer and dust buster and a few other cleaning things were kept in the laundry room. I later went to get the broom, and it wasn't there. I assumed that she was using it, so I just waited for her to put it back. I waited a week before I finally asked, and she said, "It's in the pantry, where it's always been." I distinctly remember us being in the laundry room, but I do believe her. For some reason, I dream up conversations with her more than other people, and I really think that they happened. This is happening to me more and more often, and I am even forgetting to do things like school work because I think that I did it, but, in actuality, have only dreamed that I have. Is there anything I can do to stop this? It's getting rediculous. I dream that I have more money, that people are mad at me, all sorts of things, and I really, really think that it is real. Even my day dreams are getting to be like this. Help me!

ThatLady

Moving from Missouri to Germany is a big step, hon. Such a step would cause anxiety in almost anybody. I'd suggest you speak to your father and step-mother about the problems you're having, and arrange to see a doctor. Perhaps, there's a medication that you can take that will help you get through this time of increased anxiety. It's my guess that's what's causing most of your problems.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to have them help me with this, as it is only getting worse. Also, my mom is bipolar, and I fear that I am showing signs of that as well. I really want to get help, but right now my dad is in Kuwait, and doesn't want to do anything until he gets back. I actually don't think that they are viewing this as a problem. I'll keep telling them, though; I suppose that that is all that I can do at this point.

ThatLady

At 18, you should be able to step up for yourself, hon. You could try telling your mother that you're going to make an appointment to see a doctor, as you're really quite concerned and under considerable stress. I'm sure, if she understands how much this is troubling you, she'll begin to see things a bit differently.

We tend to hide how deeply things trouble us from those we love. That's often why we don't get the immediate action from them we expect. We need to make it very clear how very troubled we are, and how much we need immediate assistance.

hello,
i have dreams like that to, don't worry your not the only one. write things down when you wake up like what happen and what time, it might help you separate your dreams from the real world, it didn't work for me but thats not saying it won't for you, give it a shot it might help. your 18 go and see the doc yourself after all your an adult. and if your mum isn't viewing it as a problem or you didnt have any luck talking to her write it down in a letter about how you feel and whats going on in your head and leave it somewhere she will find. good luck anyway and i'll be thinking of ya.

hello,
i have dreams like that to, don't worry your not the only one. write things down when you wake up like what happen and what time, it might help you separate your dreams from the real world, it didn't work for me but thats not saying it won't for you, give it a shot it might help. your 18 go and see the doc yourself after all your an adult. and if your mum isn't viewing it as a problem or you didnt have any luck talking to her write it down in a letter about how you feel and whats going on in your head and leave it somewhere she will find. good luck anyway and i'll be thinking of ya.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. It was really getting to be a problem, but for the most part it seems to have worked itself out. I'm probably going to start seeing a counselor soon, but for more reasons than just my dreams. I get upset a lot, you know, for no reason. I've read with my family about bipolar disorder, and my mother has it, so I think that I may, as well. I show a lot of signs of it. Thank you again for your advice.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. It was really getting to be a problem, but for the most part it seems to have worked itself out. I'm probably going to start seeing a counselor soon, but for more reasons than just my dreams. I get upset a lot, you know, for no reason. I've read with my family about bipolar disorder, and my mother has it, so I think that I may, as well. I show a lot of signs of it. Thank you again for your advice.

ThatLady

Welcome, girly. I'm glad to hear you're going to start seeing a counsellor. That should help you get a handle on the anxiety, and if your mother is bipolar, it's a good idea to see someone anyway, since the tendency is inherited. Hopefully, you don't have it. Yet, if you do, getting a good start with counselling before it becomes a major issue will help a lot. :eek:)

ThatLady

Welcome, girly. I'm glad to hear you're going to start seeing a counsellor. That should help you get a handle on the anxiety, and if your mother is bipolar, it's a good idea to see someone anyway, since the tendency is inherited. Hopefully, you don't have it. Yet, if you do, getting a good start with counselling before it becomes a major issue will help a lot. :eek:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.