More threads by boi

boi

I was feeling a little insecure in therapy. I got the impression that my T wanted to see me less than weekly. My T asked me whether I wanted to come every 2 weeks. This was a couple of weeks ago. But, of course I questioned this question. I thought there was a reason for the question. So, recently I brought it up. I told my T that I was insecure about that because I am not ready to end therapy and I was worried that she might end it or something. I was right about my impressions. The reason why she had asked me was because she thought I was really improving and taking therapy very seriously. Every 2 weeks would give me more time to think about things and become more aware which is the most useful part of therapy. The time when I'm not there. I feel better but I know I need to talk about things more. I need to talk about things that I don't want to talk about. I am not ready to finish therapy yet and for some reason even though it was clarified I feel scared. I think I present myself well and I am not completely dysfunctional so sometimes I think that my T is thinking that I don't need therapy. I don't think this is true. It's my insecurity that's getting to me. I guess this should be a good thing. I know I am becoming more aware everyday and I am becoming attuned to my behavioral patterns. This is great. It will allow me to change these things slowly. I still need someone to understand me. I feel misunderstood a lot and in therapy I feel understood.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: getting better......

I told my T that I was insecure about that because I am not ready to end therapy and I was worried that she might end it or something. I was right about my impressions. The reason why she had asked me was because she thought I was really improving and taking therapy very seriously.
I don't see anything where your therapist is talking about stopping therapy.

boi

Re: getting better......

I know. I believe my T said something about, eventually it will end. I guess I'm creating and feeling out of nothing solid.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was feeling a little insecure in therapy. I got the impression that my T wanted to see me less than weekly. My T asked me whether I wanted to come every 2 weeks. This was a couple of weeks ago. But, of course I questioned this question. I thought there was a reason for the question. So, recently I brought it up. I told my T that I was insecure about that because I am not ready to end therapy and I was worried that she might end it or something. I was right about my impressions. The reason why she had asked me was because she thought I was really improving and taking therapy very seriously. Every 2 weeks would give me more time to think about things and become more aware which is the most useful part of therapy. The time when I'm not there. I feel better but I know I need to talk about things more. I need to talk about things that I don't want to talk about. I am not ready to finish therapy yet and for some reason even though it was clarified I feel scared. I think I present myself well and I am not completely dysfunctional so sometimes I think that my T is thinking that I don't need therapy. I don't think this is true. It's my insecurity that's getting to me. I guess this should be a good thing. I know I am becoming more aware everyday and I am becoming attuned to my behavioral patterns. This is great. It will allow me to change these things slowly. I still need someone to understand me. I feel misunderstood a lot and in therapy I feel understood.

This past summer, I had a similar experience with a client. He also was making excellent progress and I suggested that we could start scheduling apointments every 2 weeks instead of weekly. In his next appointment, he told me this had startled him because he felt I was rejecting him as a client - in fact, I was recognizing that he was working very hard and doing all the things he needed to do to get better.

Sometimes, even therapists are subject to miscommunication. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.