More threads by Steven_v

Halo

Steven

I know from my own personal experience that writing things down and giving it to my therapist because I was too scared or embarrassed or ashamed to talk about something has really helped. I think that you being able to do this and give it to your therapist is a great idea.

Good luck and take care.

Steven_v

ok so ive been told the only way iam gona get to see a pyschiatrist soon is to go to the emergency room and ask to see someone. but i dont particuly want to cause i dont feel like siting in a emergency room for 4 hours. last time i went there it was when i tried to kill myself it was 3 in the morning no one else was there and i still had to wait over 5 hours to see a pyschiatrist

Halo

Hi Steven

I read your last couple of posts and my first thought was that maybe in order to keep yourself safe and to help ease the obsessions you could try to surround yourself with the support of friends, family and this forum until you have a chance to see your doctor. I think that seeing your doctor first is the best option at this point as he/she will be able to assess the situation based on knowing your history and come up with a suitable plan of action that works for you. As for going to the hospital in order to see a psychiatrist, I would have to wonder what they might be able to do for you and your obsessive thoughts. Of course if you feel that you are in danger of harming yourself in any way than I would definitely say the hospital is the best place to keep yourself safe.

Please take care of yourself, stay safe and remember that we are all here for you when you need us.

JA

Hi Steven,

Haven't been around for a little while, but I just wanted to say I agree with others, about the list and about the fact that you didn't do anything wrong. Like Dr. Baxter said, it sounds more like anxiety or worries than anything else. It does appear to be causing you alot of distress, though, so I hope you get help soon. Keep us posted, ok?

Take care and good luck

Steven_v

well iam going to a festival tommorow so hopefully that will help take my mind off of it. only problem none of my mates wanted to come with me so iam of by myself, hopefully i wont be to shy (like usaul) and i'll meet some people there

Halo

Maybe going to this festival by yourself will be a good thing as sometimes I know spending time alone with myself helps me reflect on what is going on around me. Another thing is that by being by yourself than you are more likely to seek out people to talk to than just sticking with your own group.

This really could be a positive thing Steven.

Have fun tomorrow and let us know how it turns out.

Steven_v

well first day i was just in a couldnt seem to enjoy myself, despite the fact that i made a couple of friends, talked to one of my biggist heros donovan, and even apeared on the local news. and then today it was the same thing, then i started to get intrusive thoughts like i talked about before and i just had to get out of there (i only live round the corner from the festival). i started to feel a bit better later on and decided to go back to see one of my favourete artists roy harper, but i just didnt feel up to it and half about 40 minutes later just went straight back home

Halo

Steven,

I think that at least making the effort to attend (twice) was a great step forward. You were able to accomplish a few things at the festival including meeting a few people and your biggest hero and you also got out amongst other people and it seems from your post that the intrusive thoughts were not the forefront of your mind for a little bit anyway. That is great to hear.

I think that after you speak with your doctor about these intrusive thoughts and what has been going on with you that you will begin to feel a little better.

Were you able to get an appointment for this coming week?

Steven_v

well i have a session with my therapist this tuesday. and an apointment with my gp this tuesday. but unfortanatly i wont be able to see my psychitrist for awhile, he's had to take time off as his dad is very i'll and close to death

Holly

Hi Steven_v,
Personally you made the effort, met a couple of friends, you talked with your heroes. That sounds like a lot of fun.
I would think that is a good effort in trying to enjoy yourself, not the thoughts.
I think Nancy is right once you speak with the your doctors, you may feel much more aware of ways to handle the thoughts when you notice them.
All the best, Steven_v, with the appointments.
Take care :)

ThatLady

I guess you'll have to call and reschedule. Missing appointments is a real problem for the doctor/therapist, as well as for the patient. Hopefully, you'll be able to get something sooner, not later. :(

Halo

Steven.

I know that it must be frustrating and upsetting to have missed both your appointments but hopefully like TL said that you will be able to get new ones sooner rather than later.

Good luck with the calls and let us know how it turns out.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.