More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
When I first woke up this morning,as I was opening my eyes,my very first thought was " I'm such a loser". I don't know where the thought came from or why I was having it. Maybe it was because of dreams I had last night or maybe because that's how I really feel about myself deep down,I don't know.

But of course,that thought made me start thinking about all the reasons I'm such a loser.And now it's not even 9:00 in the morning and I have caused myself to be all bummed out already.

I know that I create alot of my own problems and struggles because of the way I think.And I know I need to change the way I think,but it's not as simple as trying to be positive or thinking good thoughts. I can't just change the way I feel by trying to fake it. I am trying to tell myself I am a good person,I have alot of good qualities,etc.,but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking 'I'm such a loser'.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
A thought is not reality. - it's just a thought. What if you woke up and thought I'm an axe murderer. - doesn't mean it's true. The truth is you're a person struggling to find her way and there is nothing wrong with that.

Thoughts are not yours hun they are thoughts that were put there by others who meant to harm you You are a fighter you are a survivor and those thoughts hun let them go ok because they are not true hugs

GDPR

GDPR
A thought is not reality. - it's just a thought. What if you woke up and thought I'm an axe murderer. - doesn't mean it's true.

I could also wake up and think I'm male,or the president of the United States, or any other thing that would obviously NOT be true. It's the thoughts that may be true that are the most troubling.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I know that I create alot of my own problems and struggles because of the way I think.And I know I need to change the way I think,but it's not as simple as trying to be positive or thinking good thoughts. I can't just change the way I feel by trying to fake it. I am trying to tell myself I am a good person,I have alot of good qualities,etc.,but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking 'I'm such a loser'.

That's what cognitive restructuring - cognitive reframing (CBT) is all about. It's not about "trying to be positive or thinking good thoughts". It's about challenging the accuracy of the negative thoughts, looking at the objective evidence which tells us that the negative thought is not true, or at the very least is overstated.

See Cognitive Behavior Therapy: CBT, starting with the sticky threads there.

GDPR

GDPR
It's about challenging the accuracy of the negative thoughts, looking at the objective evidence which tells us that the negative thought is not true

I have been challenging the thought, but all evidence is leading to the fact that the thought IS true.

Wolverine

Account Closed
I'm such a loser in all my life so far,i can't accept how loser i am.I have dont nothing in this life,so useless.
:facepalm::facepalm:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.