More threads by AshleyAnn247

Hi, I'm new to the site and the subject as well. I've always been interested in psychology but never really studied a lot about it. I plan to be majoring in it but I still have some time left before school starts. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books I could read or ANYTHING. I'm kind of wandering in the dark. Thank you so much! I would love to talk anyone about anything.
Thank you,
Ashley

Hi, I'm new to the site and the subject as well. I've always been interested in psychology but never really studied a lot about it. I plan to be majoring in it but I still have some time left before school starts. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books I could read or ANYTHING. I'm kind of wandering in the dark. Thank you so much! I would love to talk anyone about anything.
Thank you,
Ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The field of psychology is so broad it's difficult to know what to suggest to you.

Is there anything that particularly interests you?

Otherwise, I mught suggest that you try looking for one of the Introductory Psychology or Introduction to Psychology books at one of your local libraries -- those will give you an overview of the field and usually will have suggestions for further reading.

Another option is the magazine Psychology Today, although their articles tend to be a bit sensationalistic.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The field of psychology is so broad it's difficult to know what to suggest to you.

Is there anything that particularly interests you?

Otherwise, I mught suggest that you try looking for one of the Introductory Psychology or Introduction to Psychology books at one of your local libraries -- those will give you an overview of the field and usually will have suggestions for further reading.

Another option is the magazine Psychology Today, although their articles tend to be a bit sensationalistic.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Some links:

The Insider's Guide to Careers in Psychology - Psychology Today
Resources for Students - American Psychological Association
International Psychology Students Organization (Membership is free)
So You Want to Be a Shrink? - PsychologyToday.com (if you are interested in being a therapist)

Careers in Psychology - PsychologyToday.com (This PDF file is a 1-page guide & flowchart of psychology career paths which originally appeared in a 2004 issue of Psychology Today. It is readable by increasing the zoom magnification in Acrobat Reader.)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Some links:

The Insider's Guide to Careers in Psychology - Psychology Today
Resources for Students - American Psychological Association
International Psychology Students Organization (Membership is free)
So You Want to Be a Shrink? - PsychologyToday.com (if you are interested in being a therapist)

Careers in Psychology - PsychologyToday.com (This PDF file is a 1-page guide & flowchart of psychology career paths which originally appeared in a 2004 issue of Psychology Today. It is readable by increasing the zoom magnification in Acrobat Reader.)

Thank you so much for taking time to help me!! I'm currently reading a book on psychology so I will post again with more questions as they come up! thanks! :)

Thank you so much for taking time to help me!! I'm currently reading a book on psychology so I will post again with more questions as they come up! thanks! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.