More threads by Banned

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I also have an Android HTC phone, and I love it. I've had no problems. And it's got prettier wallpaper than an iPhone. That's VERY important. :D

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I bought an Iphone 4 before Christmas switching from a blackberry torch. So far so good -simple to use, charges quickly, and I've had no problem switching over to touch screen typing. Actually I have found the touch screen typing typing easier than the keys. The camera takes pretty good pictures too! Never mind you can buy or design really sweet cases. :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I switched from Blackberry Curve to iPhone last spring and I've been glad every day that I made that decision. That was my 2nd or 3rd Blackberry and the worst. It frequently froze so I'd have to remove the battery for 10-15 seconds and reboot. Every second time there was an OS update it crashed my phone. I simply got fed up.

Not to mention that that "secure" network seemed to crash with alarming regularity the last 6 months I was with Blackberry, and their technology is about 5 years behind every other manufacturer on the planet.

There's a reason their stock tanked in 2011-2012.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I had the same freezing problems with the torch - by the end it was freezing every two days. AAARGH!

Banned

Banned
I haven't had any hardware problems with my torch and my motivator for looking at iPhone was that I was pretty sure blackberry would be non-existent, but, if they can make a comeback, I might stick with them. Even the voice and data plans are much cheaper than those for iPhone.

Quite frankly I don't know what to do so it'll likely be a totally impulsive decision one day.

Banned

Banned
I know...that's what has me pining to see the actual product :). A really important factor too will be the quality of the camera - the current one is not good at all and it's my only camera so I want a good quality one. The iPhone one is really good and iPhone is also rumoured to be releasing the 5s this summer...

Hey there... Just recently got wind of an issue with Android phones and several email servers...

You might have to go into your Android phone's folders and delete the extra sent folders because they keep sending duplicates to the server and fill up the email... You'll get quota warnings or your email will stop working all together...

That isn't an issue with the iPhone as of yet...

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Oh, if deleting your extra sent folder in your phone doesn't work, you can get a separate email app/client, like K9...

Banned

Banned
I think I'm sold on the new Blackberry. The camera is an 8 megapixel which is an improvement over the 5 on the Torch. The phone should be on the market next week and they are also releasing a keyboard version. I'll see what that looks like and its ETA before I decide which model to go with.

Banned

Banned
I ordered the new Blackberry today. I went in to the stor with every intention of walking out with one but most stores were only shipped three units for day one, which I find really weird. Regardless, its paid for and I pick it up tomorrow. I might have to call in sick so I can stay home and play wit h my new toy :teehee:.

Banned

Banned
That might be true for Newfoundland but I think you're wrong about Vegas. I'm quite the expert on Sin City, ya know.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
My reasoning was as follows:

1. My understanding is that in Las Vegas even being deathly ill is not an acceptable reason for not going out to gamble.

2. In Newfoundland, chances are you're unemployed most of the time anyway, so calling in sick for any reason isn't an issue.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
My husband got his new android phone yesterday. I was trying to have a nap after work and he came in with his phone and mine and asked me to ring his phone to make sure it worked. I opened my eyes and did so. He then decided that maybe the one he'd chosen wasn't the best and proceeded to play through the lot of them. My advice to you: playing with a new phone, whether done on work time or not, is a solitary activity!! :)

Banned

Banned
Picking up my new blackberry on the way to work was a bad idea because now I just want to stay home and play with it. Very impressed so far.

Banned

Banned
One year later I switched to iPhone. I think blackberry is done and my phone gets zero apps and does nothing I want it to. It should be delivered early next week. I bought it unlocked directly from apple.

I made my mom buy it first a little while ago to see if I'd like it...it passed muster :lol:.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.