More threads by poppy111

poppy111

how can my mother say my other sister is a psychopath? for a period she was convinced my sibling was a psychopath. she wrote lots of things on the internet about it...

i cant accept or deny that allegation- although i can say that my sibling was incredibly narcissistic as a teen and probably still is. How can my mother recognise this... but not see it in herself and her own behaviour?

she talks of the daughters abuse to her- of ignoring her- or stealing from her- of lying to her. but i don't understand how she can sound so rational... or maybe she is trying to convince herself?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Title of thread edited.

Please note that NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) is a diagnosis and unless an individual has actually been given that diagnosis by a qualified and authorized practitioner (i.e., physician, psychiatrist, or psychologist), you should not use that term in posts. We specifically prohibit online diagnosis by any forum staff or any forum member.

Narcissistic is a trait. NPD is a diagnosis.

You may describe someone as narcissistic if that's how you perceive their behavior. You may not describe them as NPD.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I'm not sure what difference it makes whether your mother calls your sister a psychopath or a psychiatrist. :)
You can get all caught up in the things she does or says or as Dr Baxter likes to say you can consider the source and move on with your day. Life becomes much easier on you when you just get on with your day.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.