More threads by Ryann

Ryann

I havent posted in a while... things had not been good... So after realizing that perhaps the main reason things had gotten so bad with self injury and eating... I talked to my doctor about my meds... So now I am on a combo of zoloft, wellbrutrin, adderall, seroquel and niravam in case of panic attacks (which i already had, they just upped the dosage). I have tried this combination before and it seemed to work, but i was also with my old therapist who i basically credit with saving my life. I dont have a therapist right now, I stopped going to the one I was because i just couldnt stand her and i was starting to get worse and dreaded seeing her. So im trying to find a good one with the insurance i have. I talked to my psychiatrist but all the recommendations she gave me... arent covered by my insurance! And I wasnt sure where to put this post... But i guess since the main thing i am concerned with right now is my self injury... especially... and this will sound vain... but summers coming up. And I dont like dealing with the questions. I just want to get better... Wow I cant believe I finally want that. But its so hard. I think maybe helping my BPD with the medicine will help me... although i feel like... i dont know ashamed i suppose that im on so many meds... Anyway... I dont really know the post of this post lol its just an update! Hope yall are doing well!!!!!!!

But i guess since the main thing i am concerned with right now is my self injury... especially... and this will sound vain... but summers coming up. And I dont like dealing with the questions. I just want to get better.

I can relate and I am glad that you want to get better. :)

although i feel like... i dont know ashamed i suppose that im on so many meds.
No need to be ashamed. I think it's really good that there are medications that can help you. I also hope you can find someone that you feel comfortable talking to.

foghlaim

Ryann; just want to say that your post is very positive... well done on all you are doing to help yourself.

don't be ashamed... Be proud ok. you deserve to be.

Eunoia

hey ryann! glad to hear things are going a bit better after not having been so good.. you don't sound vain at all about summer... I think it's something many of us can relate to for one reason or another and si isn't just about subjectively feeling insecure but others may be able to see it and start asking questions.. which you have every right to refuse to answer/divert etc... in terms of finding a therapist, could you maybe call your insurance provide and see if they have a list of therapists that might be suited for you? that would be easier the trying to find a therapist and then always having to check w/ the insurance.. or what about calling a resource centre in your community that could give you some specific referrals as well.. the reason why I'm saying this is b/c I know they have things like ED resource centres and support groups for BPD etc... they might have some suggestions as well? I am so so happy for you that you're able to say that you want to get better. that's a huge step!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.