"Hope is the thing with feathers, That perches in the soul,
    And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all."
    Emily Dickinson, posted by Daniel

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.01.19 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.09.29 AM.jpg

"...to address dysfunctional emotional beliefs, expressed as "I don't believe it's true, but I feel it's true." We hypothesize that in order to access and modify or mollify (make less salient, harsh, or destructive) a schema in treatment, the patient must become able to emotionally experience as well as to cognitively reflect upon its contents."

Last edited:

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Probiotics can help in regulating the human immunological system and the brain through the so-called “microbiota-gut-brain axis” (the set of hormonal, immunological, and neural connections between the brain and the gut-microbiota). A putative role of the microbiota-gut-brain axis has already been suggested for several psychiatric disorders (depression, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, bipolar disorder, psychosis, and post-traumatic stress disorder)....

Interestingly, a recent Canadian study was the first to show that adult OCD patients have less richness/evenness of gut microbiota compared to control...According to our research on clinicaltrials.gov (mid-September 2020), there is an ongoing trial on the probiotic formula Lactobacillus Helveticus and Bifidobacterium Longum (two probiotic agents that showed anxiolytic properties on human studies).

Last edited:

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Who am I without OCD?
If I didn’t suffer with it, would I still be me?

OCD is horrible and takes control of me,
but I’ve lived with it for so long,
I feel like it’s part of me.

I often feel angry and question why me?
Why do I have to suffer from OCD?

But I’m starting to realise that I am me,
and never have been nor will be my OCD.
It’s separate from who I am,
and does not determine me.

I have beliefs and traits that make me one of a kind,
I am not determined by the mental illness in my mind.

Please remember your OCD is not a permanent part of you or who you will become,
you’re not your mental illness,
you are someone.

Last edited:

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Teaching patients to change their relationship to their obsessive thoughts by decentering from them—as opposed to trying to modify the frequency or content of the thoughts—is an interventional technique that is more likely to promote acceptance and nonjudgment than traditional CBT with ERP. Previous investigations have successfully used such a technique to help those with OCD symptoms (Twohig et al. 2006; Wilkinson-Tough et al. 2010).

Latest posts

Top Bottom