More threads by tasha

tasha

Hi everyone. I guess I got a little carried away with posting before I actually introduced myself here. :eek:

I'm in my early 50's and was diagnosed with depression in my late 20's. I've struggled with trying to "get better" through anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds (which I'm still on), psychiatric counselling, meditation, etc.

I always knew there was so much more wrong with me than depression alone, but it wasn't until nearly 2 years ago that a crisis situation put me in touch with a wonderful doctor who diagnosed me with Complex PTSD. It all began to make sense after that. It's hard to come to terms with what I experienced as a child, but at least now I KNOW what's wrong with me.

As someone who has Complex PTSD, I've always tried to "fix things on my own" because I could never count on anyone, but trying to "fix" this on my own isn't working... and I'm starting to taking the steps necessary to get proper help.

I know it's going to be a long, sometimes painful, journey, but... one has to take that first step to recovery or it will never get better than this.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.