More threads by Thelostchild

Is coffee like a diuretic? I was just wondering??

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, I believe so. It has other effects, though - you're already having a problem with insomnia, depression, and anxiety, I think - I'm not sure that coffee is going to do anything but make all those worse, and then you'll end up with a caffeine addiction on top of the stack.

I don't know why I was think of that other then I've to many cups of coffee..

Eunoia

Caffeine does act as a diuretic, which means it causes an increase in the amount of urine you excrete. This water loss may decrease your body weight. But it doesn't decrease body fat. Also, keep in mind that caffeine is a stimulant that can increase your heart rate and blood pressure, interrupt your sleep, and cause nervousness and irritability. Also, many caffeinated beverages are high in calories, which can contribute to unwanted weight gain
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/HQ00369

yes, I have to say, even as a coffee addict myself, there is such a thing as too much coffee. and it shows.

Similar threads

Hey @Cindy. You might as well ask them, or at least let them know that you'd been wondering about it. I think it's possible that you're therapist may decline if they deem it to be an invasion of your privacy (e.g. I've previously read something where a therapist was concerned that they'll come across something you've forgotten that you posted and otherwise wouldn't have wanted them to see) or also if they don't have time to look at it in a way that would result in a thereputic outcome...
Replies
Views
Of course, on some level, who doesn't give their power away?: 7 Signs You're Giving Away Your Power Seeking Outside Approval Is Giving Our Power Away Even Paul McCartney (who is now a 76-year-old billionaire) says he is still insecure and still worries people won't like his new music. But that's obviously a motivator for him as well. Because you've changed in the last 20 years?
Replies
Views
Update: Really excited, as I found another mom, who wants to go skiing over the weekend! So, I do not have to wait until March! :omg:
Replies
Views
Thanks for this post it hits home "The unkind call this enabling" I call it caring. For the people who judge the ones that do care they have obviously not been there. Wish there was a place to get help for our loved ones but as you say they have to want the help It takes so much strength to make that decision to help ourselves first because we are not taught to not care to turn away we are taught to do what ever we can to help the ones that are suffering. Just wanted the...
Replies
Views
Hello CPS! Happy to hear from you. It is ultimately you who calls the shots whether you try the new therapist recommended by your doctor or you stick with the old one. Also, consider the effectiveness of your last therapist. Did you get the results you were hoping for? What are the advantages and disadvantages of staying with the same guy? Personally, I like to keep it flexible if I have to do any kind of therapy - I hate predetermined goals, I think it is stupid and arrogant of a...
Replies
Views