More threads by PrincessX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harebells

'I never, absolutely never, side with anyone who is against my welfare. I aid nobody who detracts from my dignity, who makes me feel less than human either through subhuman onslaughts or superhuman demands. I fight or avoid people whose effect is ultimately destructive to my validity as a person, or who in any way dilute my ability to take myself seriously.'

Theodore Rubin

---------- Post Merged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Another one from Theodore Rubin:

'I think the bravest thing most of us do is to get up each morning and to face whatever life has in store for us. This is no small matter, considering our feelings, our sensitivity, our vulnerability and our awareness, however repressed, of how unpredictable and tenuous life and the world are. We are not aided by the considerable and ever-increasing complexity of the cultures we live in.'

making_art

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy , not on the old, but on building the new.
Dan Millman

Last edited:

GDPR

GDPR
You build on failure.You use it as a stepping stone.Close the door on the past.You don't try to forget the mistakes,but you don't dwell on it.You don't let it have any of your energy,or any of your time,or any of your space. ~Johnny Cash

desiderata

Re: Quotable Quotes 9

"The best result comes from everyone in the group doing what's best for himself and the group" ~ John Nash

desiderata

"To see me does not necessarily mean to see my face. To understand my thoughts is to have seen me." ~ Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

making_art

?Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves ? slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future; live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.? ? Thich Nhat Hanh?

GDPR

GDPR
You will find there are times you must grasp your life with both hands and forcefully steer it in a new direction and then strain to hold your course until the storms of fear,weakness and doubt abate. ~Richelle E. Goodrich

GDPR

GDPR
The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth. ~Unknown

DonRita

These are some of my favorites posted in my personal room.
Don Michel Ruiz's Four Rules:
1. Be impeccable with your word. - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Use your words in the direction of truth and love towards yourself and others.
2. Don't take anything personally. - What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. Be immune to opinions and actions of others to avoid being a victim of needless suffering.
3. Don't make assumptions. - Find the courage to ask questions. Communicate clearly to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
4. Always do your best. - Your best will change moment to moment and when you are well or when you are sick. Do your best and avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

AND

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson

GDPR

GDPR
Acceptance doesn't mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there's got to be a way through it. ~Michael J. Fox

Acceptance looks like a passive state,but in reality it brings something entirely new into this world.That peace,a subtle energy vibration,is consciousness.
~ Eckhart Tolle

The first step toward change is awareness.The second step is acceptance. ~Nathaniel Branden

Mari

MVP
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." ~ Jackie Robinson

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." ~ Flavia Weed

GDPR

GDPR
Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,but from wanting to control it. ~Kahlil Gibran

The future you have,tomorrow,won't be the same future you had,yesterday. ~Chuck Palahniuk

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,but from wanting to control it. ~Kahlil Gibran

That's true to an extent, although it's also about uncertainty, not knowing. Our need to control often comes primarily from our inability to tolerate (or difficulty tolerating) uncertainty.

GDPR

GDPR
That's true to an extent, although it's also about uncertainty, not knowing. Our need to control often comes primarily from our inability to tolerate (or difficulty tolerating) uncertainty.

I agree.Uncertainty is probably one of the most difficult things for me to accept or deal with.It's hard to be okay with not knowing what may or may not happen.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Gosh, you’ve been looking at your screen for a while. Take a snack break — the Web will be here when you get back." ~ Mozilla Firefox web browser

Harebells

*Ah, profound wisdom* Wow you know you have a problem when your own browser is telling you to back away from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.