More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Smiling babies should actually be categorized by the pharmaceutical industry as a powerful antidepressant.”

— Jim Gaffigan

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A repeat of a repeat:

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places."

- Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we're supposed to be and embracing who we are." ~ Brene Brown

"It's not your job to like me; it's mine." ~ Byron Katie

"When I seek your approval, I don't approve of the me that's seeking the approval." ~ Byron Katie

"No one can make you feel you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"When you say Yes to others, make sure you are not saying No to yourself." ~ Paulo Coelho

"You can never feel lonely when you like the person you're alone with." ~ Wayne Dyer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"When you look back on your life, it looks as though it were a plot, but when you are into it, it’s a mess: just one surprise after another. Then, later, you see it was perfect."

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“If you only think about your own advancement, your own success, you run out of fuel pretty quickly. But if we believed in something bigger than ourselves, that kind of motivation is self-sustaining. Ultimately, it helps you endure and fosters stamina.”

- Elaine Chao

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Writers do not merely reflect and interpret life, they inform and shape life.”
– E.B. White

“Writing is the geometry of the soul.”
– Plato

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.”

― Gordon B. Hinckley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The best antidote I know for worry is work.

I like the rest of the quote above but this part is debatable.

Work may mask or distract from active worrying but it's not an antidote. Indeed, work can be the primary source of stress, worry, and anxiety for many people.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world."

- Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change."

- Brené Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.