More threads by David Baxter PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.

To know oneself, one should assert oneself.

Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.

- Albert Camus

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Never feel intimidated by defeat nor death, but rather intimidate life with your dreams.”

― Auliq-Ice

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Life is not about waiting for happy endings, it's all about treasuring small and simple moments of joy, celebrating as well as respecting small victories of overcoming limitations, struggles and so on."

~ Latika Teotia

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Andrew Vachss:

“Children know the truth: love is not an emotion, love is behavior.”

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Confidence is not, 'They will like me'. Confidence instead is, 'I'll be fine if they don't'."

- Christina Grimmie

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you."
~ Robert Anton Wilson

"If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a transformation."
~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
"Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth."
~ Alan Watts

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.”
~ Terence McKenna

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb.” ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Isolation is the dream-killer, not your attitude."

- Barbara Sher

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” —Stephen Hawking

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive.” —Joan Rivers

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything — anger, anxiety, or possessions — we cannot be free.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope. That is why the patient's hopes are the physician's secret weapon. They are the hidden ingredients in any prescription."

- Norman Cousins

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.

- Samuel Smiles

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.