More threads by David Baxter PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Courage is not the absence of despair, it is, rather the capacity to move forward in spite of despair." - Rollo May

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“I used to think that the topic of positive psychology was happiness, that the gold standard for measuring happiness was life satisfaction, and that the goal of positive psychology was to increase life satisfaction. I now think that the topic of positive psychology is well-being, that the gold standard for measuring well-being is flourishing, and that the goal of positive psychology is to increase flourishing. This theory, which I call well-being theory, is very different from authentic happiness theory, and the difference requires explanation.”

― Martin E.P. Seligman, Flourish

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"There are people who, instead of listening to what is being said to them, are already listening to what they are going to say themselves." ~ Albert Guinon

("I would say this is most people." ~ David Baxter)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.”

~ Charles Spurgeon

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That's why it's your path.

~ Joseph Campbell

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be; now put foundations under them."

~ Henry Thoreau

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The wound is the place where the light enters you."

― Rumi

“The power of nature exists in its silence. Human words cannot encode the meaning because human language has access only to the shadow of meaning.”

― Malidoma Patrice Som?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." ~ Nelson Mandela

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people."
~ Carl Jung 1875-1961

"We cannot seek or attain health, wealth, learning, justice, or kindness in general. Action is always specific, concrete, individualized, unique."
~ John Dewey 1859-1952

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. Carry it by the comfortable handles of gratitude for what's positive and that it is not worse, rather than the uncomfortable edges of bitterness for the negatives and that it is not better.” – Lena Horne

"I wonder how much of what weighs me down is not mine to carry.” – Aditi

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”

“I will never let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”

~ Gandhi

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.” ~ Kody Keplinger

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Play is the exultation of the possible.

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.

~ Martin Buber

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"I’m not interested in whether the glass is half empty or half full. I’m interested in figuring out how to fill the glass." ~ Donald Kaberuka

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.