More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Don't ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn't." ~ Michelle Obama

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit."

- Desiderius Erasmus

---------- Post Merged at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:11 AM ----------

“If we had a rampant epidemic of self-love then our health care costs would go down dramatically.”

- Dr. Christiane Northup

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
~ Henry Ford

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~ Jimmy Dean

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.
~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
From a therapist's website:

"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change." - Brené Brown

"We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions." - Brené Brown

"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." - Robert Schuller

“As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation - either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.” - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign a weakness but a sign of strength." - Dalai Lama

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
When those who have the power to name and to socially construct reality choose not to see you or hear you ?when someone with the authority of a teacher, say, describes the world and you are not in it, there is a moment of psychic disequilibrium, as if you looked in the mirror and saw nothing. It takes some strength of soul ? and not just individual strength, but collective understanding ? to resist this void, this non-being, into which you are thrust, and to stand up, demanding to be seen and heard.

~ Adrienne Rich (1929-2012)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted.
~ Mother Teresa

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Never let yesterday use up too much of today.
~ Will Rogers

The beginning is always today.
~ Mary Wollstonecraft

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.
~ Carl Sagan

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~ Melody Beattie

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"If you aren't going to use your heart, then what's the difference if it gets broken?"

~ Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

“All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”

― Antoine de Saint-Exup?ry, The Little Prince

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.