More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

–Unknown

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens."

- Louise L. Hay

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The more you extend kindness to yourself, the more it will become your automatic response to others.

- Wayne Dyer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Give yourself abundant pleasure, that you may have an abundant pleasure to give others.

~Neale Donald Walsch

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A repeat:

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

- Melody Beattie

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Shifting one grain of sand will gradually change the course of the river.

- Peter Gerlach

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach.

- Henry Beston

I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.

- Helen Keller

The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea.

- Isak Dinesen

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"When I look at the world I'm pessimistic, but when I look at people I am optimistic."

"The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination."

- Carl Rogers

"The American cultural ideal of the self-made man, of everyone standing on his own feet, is as tragic a picture as the initiative—destroying dependence on a benevolent despot. We all need each other. This type of interdependence is the greatest challenge to the maturity of individual and group functioning."

- Kurt Lewin (1890-1947)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” - Robert Brault

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The future is uncertain. But such uncertainty lies at the very heart of human creativity."

- Ilya Prigogine

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.”

- Wayne Dyer

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Similar:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right." ~ Henry Ford

For a man who is best known for building automobiles, he had remarkable insight into human psychology. He also said:

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." ~ Henry Ford

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"When we get angry, we suffer. If you really understand that, you also will be able to understand that when the other person is angry, it means that she is suffering. When someone insults you or behaves violently towards you, you have to be intelligent enough to see that the person suffers from his own violence and anger. But we tend to forget … When we see that our suffering and anger are no different from their suffering and anger, we will behave more compassionately." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver."

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

- Martin Luther

Status
Not open for further replies.