More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
While you can't control your experiences, you can control your explanations.

- Martin Seligman

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Work on your strengths, not your weaknesses...It's difficult to change any aspect of your personality by sheer force of will, and if it is a weakness you choose to work on, you probably won’t enjoy the process. If you don’t find pleasure or reinforcement along the way, then—unless you have the willpower of Ben Franklin—you’ll soon give up. But you don’t really have to be good at everything. Life offers so many chances to use one tool instead of another, and often you can use a strength to get around a weakness.

- Jonathan Haidt

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"In fact most of what we call anxiety is overconcern about what someone thinks of you."

~ Albert Ellis

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings."

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

- Victor Hugo

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“We want to be, when we are young,
A little man.
I would like to be a big child,
Stronger and fairer than a man,
And more lucid than a child.”

― Paul Éluard (1895-1952)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.

- Marcel Proust

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.

- Marcel Proust

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"One thing I feel clear about is that it's important not to let your life live you. Otherwise, you end up at forty feeling you haven't really lived. What have I learned? Perhaps to live now, so that at fifty I won't look back upon my forties with regret."

"A sense of life meaning ensues but cannot be deliberately pursued: life meaning is always a derivative phenomenon that materializes when we have transcended ourselves, when we have forgotten ourselves and become absorbed in someone (or something) outside ourselves."

- Irvin D. Yalom

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.

Jodi Picoult

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"My life is, by every objective measurement, very very good.

And in spite of all of that, I struggle every day with my self esteem, my self worth, and my value not only as an actor and writer, but as a human being."

- Wil Wheaton

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
When the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are.

- Richard Hooker

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The difference between a good life and a bad life is how well you walk through the fire."

- Jung

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Our only enemies are guilt, fear and shame. Such unresolved negatives prevent us from living fully...”

—Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Remember how far you've come, not how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.” ~ Rick Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.