Administrator
Re: Quotable Quotes 12

“Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.”

― Sigmund Freud

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Remember that nature belongs to us all. I've learned to appreciate that the most beautiful things in life are free, particularly nature. During my most intense times of financial despair and depression, I've found solace and a sense of belonging by walking through an urban park, along a public beach or on a nature trail. In places like these, your socioeconomic status doesn't matter. Rich or poor, we have equal access to sunsets, sunrises, the ocean tides, flowers and trees."

-- Holly Lawrence, My Life in Poverty: Surviving on $3 a Day

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Anger is like a piece of shredded wheat stuck in your dentures. If you leave it there, you'll get a blister and have to eat jello for a week."

~ Sophia, Golden Girls

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help."

-- Epicurus

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, "Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner." I don't try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.

~ Carl Rogers

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley."

~ Theodore Roethke

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“He who would be everything cannot be anything.”

― Irvin D. Yalom, The Schopenhauer Cure

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

– Galileo Galilei (1564 – 1642)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.”

― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“A good way to overcome stress is to help others out of theirs.”

― Dada J. P. Vaswani

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“Success is not synonymous to stress, but to happiness. So be happiness oriented.”

― Debasish Mridha, MD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

I think that life is difficult. People have challenges. Family members get sick, people get older, you don't always get the job or the promotion that you want. You have conflicts in your life. And really, life is about your resilience and your ability to go through your life and all of the ups and downs with a positive attitude.

~ Jennifer Hyman

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."

“The human heart is so delicate and sensitive that it always needs some tangible encouragement to prevent it from faltering in its labor. The human heart is so robust, so tough, that once encouraged it beats its rhythm with a loud unswerving insistency.”

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

“I have learned to accept my responsibility and to forgive myself first, then to apologise to anyone injured by my misreckoning.”

“I learned that a friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face.”

~ Maya Angelou, Letter to My Daughter

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.