• Quote of the Day
    "The hardest battle you're ever going to fight is the battle to be just you."
    Leo F. Buscaglia, posted by Daniel

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“If you surrender to uncertainty, nothing goes wrong.”

~ Deepak Chopra

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

“Patience, open-mindedness, and caring will go a long way to supporting a partner who is struggling with anxiety. We cannot 'cure' another person’s anxiety, but we can do our best to support them as they learn to manage it. Remember that anxiety does not define the person or your relationship. Work to build positive experiences together as a couple—laugh, travel, do things you enjoy, spend time with friends, have fun. These positive experiences can serve as a buffer to the stress anxiety can cause.”

~ Kathleen Tallon

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Expect a surprise. Tell your worrying mind to take a break and expect a surprise. Practice rapidly shifting from trying to know what's going to happen in the future to being comfortable wondering what interesting solutions and surprises soon will occur to you. Tell your worrying mind "You haven't the foggiest idea how we'll get through this one, so it's going to be a surprise. This is going to be interesting."

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

One of the most effective ways to overcome phone anxiety is to expose yourself to more phone calls. The more you do it, the less overwhelming it becomes. It’s also likely that your phone anxiety is linked to a lack of experience. The more practice you have, the less anxious and more confident you’ll feel.

gooblax

MVP

One of the most effective ways to overcome phone anxiety is to expose yourself to more phone calls. The more you do it, the less overwhelming it becomes. It’s also likely that your phone anxiety is linked to a lack of experience. The more practice you have, the less anxious and more confident you’ll feel.
True although it's really difficult to get started.

gooblax

MVP
I never used a functional rotary phone, only had one as a toy. I like dancing to call waiting music to get rid of anxiety, but it's anxiety inducing when they loop the music with a giant click-pause that sounds like someone has answered, only to resume the music.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“Anything I have ever done that was ultimately worthwhile, initially scared me to death!”

― Helen Keller

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“Anxiety and desire are two, often conflicting, orientations to the unknown. Both are tilted toward the future. Desire implies a willingness, or a need, to engage this unknown, while anxiety suggests a fear of it. Desire takes one out of oneself, into the possibility or relationship, but it also takes one deeper into oneself. Anxiety turns one back on oneself, but only onto the self that is already known.”

"Meditation showed me that the other side of anxiety is desire. They exist in relationship to each other, not independently.”

― Mark Epstein, Open to Desire: Embracing a Lust for Life -- Insights from Buddhism and Psychotherapy

Top Bottom