More threads by sunset

sunset

after a month! I had talked to him once, but I havent seen him in a month and I miss him!!
I really need to talk today. My favorite cousin had a stroke on Saturday night, and I am very upset. Its worse when you have distance and cant be there. I am in NJ, and she is in Colorado. My aunt (her mom) flew out right away, and my sister and I offered to go when and if they need us. She has 3 almost grown children, and to be there for them I think would be a good thing too. Her youngest daughter is 14.
She has a tough road ahead of her and probably a long recovery. She had a headache for 2 weeks prior to the stroke. Now we know it was a clot that caused the stroke. She is a calm, very sweet person who has never said a bad thing about anyone. That is not an exageration either.

Then to hear about Steve Irwin put me over the top. I am on the verge of tears and trying to keep it together..
Thanks for listening.

hi sunset, we haven't met on the forum yet but i just wanted to say i am sorry this has happened to your cousin and i hope that things turn out as well as possible. it's hard when things like this happen. it's good you see your therapist tonight, it will help you a lot. i always find it very helpful and calming. let us know how it goes.

sunset

Thank You! I am extremely emotional today but I guess I have a reason. Nice to meet you, by the way!

ThatLady

Oh, sunset, I'm really very sorry to hear about your cousin's stroke. I can understand how badly you must be feeling, since being far away and not being able to actually see and touch an ailing loved one is so very painful. :(

One thing I can tell you that might help: Treatment for stroke has improved tremendously over the past few years. Often, there's are very few, if any, residual symptoms after a few days. Even if there are, rehabilitation methods are superb, and many patients recover completely. I know that can't change the fact that you can't be there, but it might help you to have some hope for a complete recovery.

Hugs to you. :hug:

Halo

Sunset I really am sorry for your pain. I can only imagine what you are going through. I too hope that the recovery goes well.

I do think that you have reason to be emotional and I am glad that you get to see your therapist tonight.

Good luck and let us know how the appt. goes.

sunset

Thank you both. Now I am crying, but because you all are so nice and comforting to me. Thank YOU! I will let you know how I do with the Dr later.

ThatLady

Crying is a good thing, sunset. It allows us to release our emotions and helps to relax our minds and bodies. I'm sorry you have the need to cry, but I'm awfully glad you're able to do so. :hug:

nice to meet you too sunset :) thatlady's post is very hopeful, i am quite happy to hear that recovery is highly likely! the tears are a good thing, it's something i wish i could have myself, so as crazy as it may seem i am glad you are able to have them. it will help you process things. take care and you know where to find us :)

sunset

Thanks Thatlady.. I know crying is a release, I just wish I didnt have a reason to cry. My insides are aching. Even my sister said "I cant take any more bad news".. There are other things going on in my family that is uspsetting, but I wont get into it all... Just let me say one niece and one nephew are contributing to my heart breaking.

i am sorry you have more bad news in addition to your cousin, sunset. it sounds like tough times. your therapist should be able to help you sort out some of your feelings tonight, hopefully. i hope things work out with your niece and nephew.

Halo

Sunset,

I just thought that I would check in with you to see how your appointment with your therapist went last night. If you have time I look forward to hearing about it.

Take care and my thoughts are with you :)

sunset

I saw the Dr, and he is so "matter of fact" sometimes, that I wonder what the problem was to begin with.. He said that I need to let go of things I cant change but I cant help worrying.. He was sympathetic about my cousin, and thought it was ashame about Steve irwin, but he seems to digest this kind of thing, then be able to discard it and move on. I am like a dog with a bone, and wont let go without a fight it seems.
I hurt so deeply and even for people I dont know personally. Ok, my cousin is one thing and to be upset over her, is normal.
He said all I can do is pray, since I cant really do anything else.

Who all here can just "let things go"? Am I the only one who seems to struggle with this? Is it normal to feel so much??

Sometimes I just want a hug, ya know?

Halo

Letting go can be a really hard thing to do and depending on how sensitive you are it can be extremelly hard for some people. I know that I have a hard time of letting go of comments and/or things said to me no matter how long ago they might have been said, it could have been hours, days or years. It is like they stick with me and I can't let them go....sometimes even if I know the person was joking I still can't.

Anyway, here are the hugs that you need
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sunset

Awww, thank you Nancy! I appreciate the hugs.

That is my downfall and I know it. I am waaaayyyy too sensitive and I feel everyones pain. Not a good thing for me. Like the Dr told me, I cant fix everyone and everything, and it frustrates me to be so darn helpless.

I have to let go... But I dont know how. He is trying to get me to that but as he has told me before.... I am a tough customer.

sunset i can so relate to what you are saying. i too am stuck on some feelings and we just keep moving along in therapy as if it's not an issue. it also leaves me wondering what exactly my problem is. it's confusing when you don't know why you can't let something go. then you question if there even is a real problem and if it's all just nonsense. i don't really have an answer for you on how to solve this one as i'm still struggling with it.

in any case i think you also may be a highly sensitive person. i just recently bought the book and only have just started it, so i can't give too much feedback just yet. i am however encouraged by the fact that i am not alone in my sensitivities. it makes life more painful sometimes but as you will find out there are advantages too. :)

in any case i think you also may be a highly sensitive person. i just recently bought the book and only have just started it, so i can't give too much feedback just yet. i am however encouraged by the fact that i am not alone in my sensitivities. it makes life more painful sometimes but as you will find out there are advantages too. :)

I agree with this. I can relate in a lot of ways. It is very painful to be this way, but the joy you can feel is incredible too.

You are who you are and it's ok to be the way you are. It is hard on you sometimes, lots of times I'm sure, but somehow I hope you can learn to manage the painful emotions so that they don't take over. (I hope I can too.)

Wishing you the best.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.