More threads by tdrowley

tdrowley

My wife seems intent on going out every night to leave me looking after our two young children.I feel very lonely and uneasy and would just like some reassurance that others might be in the same situation.We have no relationship;its like I'm lodging in the house for the sake of the kids.I know I have to get out but I'm really really scared.And I cant stop it hurting when she goes out until 3 or 4 in the morning.Things are really bad.

ThatLady

Have you and your wife discussed how you feel about her leaving you alone with the kids while she goes out every night? What does she say? What is her reaction to the fact that you feel like a lodger in the house instead of an equal partner in the marriage? Have you thought about counselling and discussed that possibility? If so, what was her reaction to that suggestion?

I can imagine your hurt and frustration, but it will help to know what steps you've taken already, and what the results have been. Hang in there, hon. There is a solution to everything, if we only take the time to sort out our needs and address them one at a time.

cm

Hi, I am a new member as well. Just wanted to say that you are not alone. I've found this site to be a great help and support. Have you started looking for a trustworthy, knowledgable counsellor to assist you? It may take time to find the right one for you, but it will be worth it. In the meantime, your kids are fortunate they have you and I hope you are able to enjoy some of the time you have together. They change and grow before we realize it. Remember there are lots of us who care.

HA

td,

Things sound really bad. Have you thought about what you can do? Welcome to the site and I hope you get some comfort here.

Hi,

I know how scary it is. I feel the same way. I feel that there is no relationship here, only two people sharing the same house. But I am afraid because I don't want to hurt my children.
How does your wife act when she is at home with you? Does she recognize that there is a problem?
My husband doesn't even seem to know that there is a problem. I actually starting going out, but only like twice a month because I felt like he was suffocating me.
I am new to this group but glad I found it. Small steps.....
Good Luck to you! Take Care!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.