More threads by Laurie1407

Hi everyone
we just found out the people we lease the land from have sold to a big developer and we might lose our homes
I'm trying to not slip back into depression but this just takes the cake
not sure what will happen to 700 people who live here
where we will live and on what money
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:hissyfit:
What else will go wrong

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
There's always hope. Over a year ago, a developer bought a lot of empty acres next to my property. Rumors circulated that he was going to be building houses fairly quickly. Nothing came of it, apparently because the developer ran out of money and the developer overestimated the real estate interest of the property.

lallieth

Hi everyone
we just found out the people we lease the land from have sold to a big developer and we might lose our homes
I'm trying to not slip back into depression but this just takes the cake
not sure what will happen to 700 people who live here
where we will live and on what money
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:hissyfit:
What else will go wrong
Laurie are you in the country?

Is there a way for you to find out what is to be done with the sold property? that way you will have a better idea of what you need to do

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
they have to apply for rezoning

This can take months. That at least buys you some time to figure out what's going to happen and to make alternate living arrangements.

Also, if you have a lease, I think a new owner has to live up to the terms of the lease. When does it expire?

braveheart

I don't know the legal side of things, even less in a different country! But surely there'd be some kind of financial compensation. And also right of appeal. Are the other residents equally upset by it?

there are 265 homes here about 700+ people who are all really upset and scared of losing our homes. We have no lease we are month to month here.
At the big meeting we had we were told of three options.

1) They could give us 12 months free rent of property or 3000 dollars which ever is less and we have to move our homes our selves to god knows where with a cost not many can afford.

2)making some kind of dealing with them of purchasing one of the new homes to be built(no one here can afford that high cost )

3)Fight them to the end and possibly lose everything.

so you see this are pretty grim we get screwed either way

ladylore

Account Closed
Have you contacted a legal clinic or gotten some legal advice regarding this. You might be able to do something - it may be worth checking out with a lawyer.

Hi everyone
Well it is offical our park is sold...
Rick Chairelli said our options are for them to relocate us or possibly pay us something to leave our homes behind.
Looks pretty grim and my stress level is over the top right now:hissyfit:

Halo

I am sorry to hear that Laurie....that truly must be causing you a lot of stress. My heart goes out to you :heart:

Help!! Can't stop this panic attack

:helpme:

I am sooo anxious i keep shaking head pobbing short of breath
I have had so much on my plate lately not sure how much more i can take been back and forth to hosdpital with leg infection they have me on traveling iv meds . they say my lungs need a rest but i can't stop smoking because i am so stressed i feel like i am going to lose it awwwww

My battery on my phone just died I can't call and talk to anyone:hissyfit:

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.