More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I baught these adorable Cory Catfish a month ago.

They are sooo cute and now that they are comfortable they are venturing out from hiding behind the plants. They play through the water outake and they even were before sleeping beside one another behind the plant one evening. It was so cute. They remind me of little dolphins how they play through the water with each other.

Tomorrow I am going to get a few more for them, as they do best in larger schools, I am very excited to get more of these. They are peaceful and such a treat to watch.

The one is a Black Cory Catfish, the other one is called a Peppered Cory Cat Fish. There are also Albino, Amber and Emerald ones, so I hope to maybe get those kinds to have different ones.

I have not thought of names for them yet though. Hope you like the pictures.

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 16
  • corys.jpg
    corys.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Cool. I really like fish as pets. How big is the tank?

THanks Cat Dancer.

It is 16 gallon bowfront. Big enough to be nice to look at, but not so big I cannot manage to take care of it.

My cat likes it too :teehee: We put a chair in front so I can sit and look at the fish and my cat uses the chair too to watch them :teehee:

They are very cute!! :D

I had tropical fish for years. I wish I had kept up with it. They are so much fun to have, lots of work, but well worth it.

Thanks for sharing!

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
:confused:

I don't get it. They don't even look cooked. Is that sushi?

:rofl: No, not sushi.

They are called pets Dr Baxter. You know how some folks have dogs, cats, parrots as pets? Well some people have fish too! :teehee:

Pets typically do not become dinner :teehee:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Aw, that is cute about your cat. I wonder what kitty is thinking? :eek:mg:

Hi Cat Dancer
Sorry I missed your reply.

I think the cat is thinking like Dr Baxter, that it is a snack :teehee:

Hi Eye Stigmata, I find it not too much work, but I do not work. I just vaccume the gravel every few weeks and do partial water change. Then change the filter cartridge.

It takes about a half hour to do, about.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
There you go.... I vote with the cat. :D

It will be easier for you to get the fish, maybe you can help my cat. She has tried everything to figure out how to get them.

One night she was ontop of the tank trying to figure out how to get inside to get the fish. :teehee:

Here is another cute picture of my cat and my Betta who died, his name was Jaws.

He would come right up to the cat and was not afraid like the Corys are.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
What a beautiful picture NN. :)

Thanks Jazzey, it is one of the favorites of my cat. To me she didn't look like she wanting to hurt Jaws, just wondered what he was.

He also made a puffy face which is how they greet other fish too :teehee:

Obviously, Jaws should have listened to the Corys.

:teehee: Jaws prefered a cheap plastic tank I had for him. I buy him this condo in comparison and he crokes on me.

I got the Cory's after Jaws, cause Jaws was a Betta and they are territorial, Jaws would have hurt the Cory's. I called him Jaws cause he would chomp his food. hee hee hee

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
:lol: Sometimes, Nic Nak, you are so naive. :D

But you're also right in a way... it wasn't about wanting to hurt Jaws - it was about supper. :D

Well, I have to be careful what I say, Jewel my cat she knows where I sleep :lol:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Jewel also knows where the Corys sleep... :panic:

That is true, but Jewel doesn't like water so they have benefit of safety where I may not :teehee:

I think Cory's should be more afraid of you Dr Baxter. You seemed more interested in them as a food source :teehee:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Pfffttttt... a cat who's hungry enough will do the butterfly, the backstroke, and the high dive like an Olympian to get a nice crunchy Cory. :D

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Pfffttttt... a cat who's hungry enough will do the butterfly, the backstroke, and the high dive like an Olympian to get a nice crunchy Cory. :D

:lol: My cat is a nervous, scardy cat (wonder who she gets that from :blush: ) and she isn't so bright. It would take her quite a while to figure out how to open the lid, then she will get one sprinke of water and be gone.

If I turn the tap on to fill water dish, she goes away until the water finishes running :teehee:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am so excited. Today I went to PetsMart and found an Albino Cory and an Amber/Emerald Cory :D So I baught those two.

Then I got two Chinese Algea eaters too!

The Cory's I had before and the new Cory's are "hanging out" already!

I am silly excited I know :blush: but I think these are so cute.

And please note Dr Baxter, this does not mean more Sushi. Or I sentance you to Wasabi hidden in your morning coffee :eek:mg:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.